What's new

How to buy an factory unlocked iPhone 4S in the US and import it to Europe?

RudyL90

Reaction score
The reason I want to buy it in the US is of course because the dollar is worth less than the euro.
Anyone an idea?

And if it's not possible. What about if someone buys it in the US and brings it back to Europe, is that possible?
Will I even be able to use it properly? It's a wordphone, so it should be working, right?

I don't believe the US Apple store will ship iPhones intentionally. You need to find someone in the US who will ship it to you

there are companies out there where you can order things from and they will collect it and send it world wide for you. But even if you pay from the us they just charge more for a factory unlocked device so the price ends up being roughly the same

Unleashed said:
there are companies out there where you can order things from and they will collect it and send it world wide for you. But even if you pay from the us they just charge more for a factory unlocked device so the price ends up being roughly the same

True, I have found unlocked iPhone 4Ses on ebay, but the price is so high, there isn't much difference with the price here.

So the only way to buy one in the US is by finding someone who would send it to me?
What about if someone that I know goes to the US and buys one there? Or do you need to be an american citizen to buy one?

Someone can go for u and buy it in an apple store.from what i hear, apple sells now factory unlocked iphones.

Someone can go for u and buy it in an apple store.from what i hear, apple sells now factory unlocked iphones.

Not quite yet. A few more days before the official factory unlocked phones are available.

any one can go, last year for the iphone and ipad a bunch of russians kept getting in the queue and buying up all the devices

Unleashed said:
any one can go, last year for the iphone and ipad a bunch of russians kept getting in the queue and buying up all the devices

Haha! So if someone gets one in the US for me I can use it in Europe just fine?

Apple is selling their unlocked iPhone in Apple stores now. So just get one of your friends or relatives to buy one and ship to you. Otherwise hiring someone here to do that and pay them :D
You then pay for the shipping and insurance.

They have been selling factory unlocked iPhone 4S in the Canadian apple stores since launch day. Usable anywhere on any network.

bc2planker said:
They have been selling factory unlocked iPhone 4S in the Canadian apple stores since launch day. Usable anywhere on any network.

Whoa, I didn't know that!

OK... So now I have to find someone to buy me an iPhone in the US or Canada..

Thanks for the info guys!

RudyL90 said:

Plus one.

In Canada, for a factory unlocked iPhone 4S:

16gb = $649
32gb = $749
64gb = $849

In Canadian $$ of course.

bc2planker said:
In Canada, for a factory unlocked iPhone 4S:

16gb = $649
32gb = $749
64gb = $849

In Canadian $$ of course.

Thanks! Even cheaper than in the US.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Canada... :)