What's new

How do you uninstall/delete apps that were ssh'd in?

JCKarlo

Reaction score
I don't know much about SSH and hacking, but I have an app (Netflix for iPad) that I installed via SSH (installed from Cydia) by following an online tutorial. Now that the official Netflix for iPhone app is out, I no longer need the iPad version. However the problem is that I can't install it because the iPad version is already installed. How do I go about uninstalling it? I've googled for info but it's quite confusing and I would just like a simple step by step tutorial on how to do this.

Anything that is ssh'd into the phone and shows up in cydia can be uninstalled through cydia

No I used Terminal. I did download Cyberduck but it fails to connect for some reason.

Since you installed it with terminal, you probably will have to uninstall it with terminal by using commands but i am not familiar with commands and terminal. Just look online for terminal commands to uninstall things

Just go to Applications folder (while on SSH) and manually delete the Netflix folder, then reboot. You can now download and install the Netflix app for iPhones. I did it on my iPhone 4. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Just go to Applications folder (while on SSH) and manually delete the Netflix folder, then reboot. You can now download and install the Netflix app for iPhones. I did it on my iPhone 4. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Well... I guess if that worked then good but you shouldnt really do that cuz when you install an app (the right way) it installs files all over the phone, not just in the .app folder. And depending on what app you do that to, you could really mess up your phone. But like i said, if it works then more power to u

Yeah, it works for me and some guys in this thread:
http://cuthut.com/cTZ
But I won't recommend doing it if you are not comfortable. I was just sharing what I did but best to search the Net. Thanks.