What's new

How do you protect your kids from what they can access

pc747

Reaction score
First credit to who actually came up with this, @CJM, but in this day in age you can access any and everything with a search. Whether by typing or by voice we now have access to a wealth of information. This in part is what Google and many tech companies have strive for, the ability for any one to get information regardless of social class, race, creed, or country.

Think about it, back in many of your days if you wanted to know about dinosaurs you had to break out the old encyclopedia, which meant having a loaded bookshelf. Not including what it cost to buy those encyclopedia (britannicas) and have them delivered (unless you went to the local library). But now you can just type or say the word and any and everything about dinosaurs are at your finger tips. And with VR and AR (augmented) we can experience an entire world while never leaving the house.

The other side to the internet and having information freedom is that because everything can be accessed by anyone, everything can be accessed by anyone. Facebook killer, crazy teen challenges, and more can be easily accessed by a child whether intentional or accidental.

Though I am not trying to preach for a restricted internet, I am though wanting to know how you tech guys as parents handle this new age now that any and everyone has access to the internet and social media, including your kids.

I am asking this same question on our sister forum (How do you protect your kids from what they can access) but this is a question I would like to hear an answer from our iOS members as well.

I will be following this thread with great interest.

You have got a few options under Restrictions under General Settings.

Reactions: 933
I have safari blocked for both of my boys... I also set their Apple ID’s up under mine with their ages attached. There is a setting (I don’t remember where but I can find it...) that you can set the age limit for available apps.
I also let them pick out a few games and app they wanted then I restricted access to the App Store so they are not able to open it at all.