What's new

new iphone new to apple

stroh18

Reaction score
hi,
i am new to this apple world and i have a new iphone 5. few questions.
1.how and can you take your music from itunes and put it on your phone so it is accessible
2.whats up with the icloud how does it work and am i correct to say you more or less store your information on the internet so you don't loose things
3.is there a sim card and could you take your old sim card from android and put it in the iphone
4.is there a dummies guide to the iphone?
5.are there any quick tricks or secret things to this phone
like i said i am new to apple and the phone.
i am trying to b positive but i don't know...
any help would b great
jonna

hi,
i am new to this apple world and i have a new iphone 5. few questions.
1.how and can you take your music from itunes and put it on your phone so it is accessible
2.whats up with the icloud how does it work and am i correct to say you more or less store your information on the internet so you don't loose things
3.is there a sim card and could you take your old sim card from android and put it in the iphone
4.is there a dummies guide to the iphone?
5.are there any quick tricks or secret things to this phone
like i said i am new to apple and the phone.
i am trying to b positive but i don't know...
any help would b great
jonna

Welcome to the forum. While we are here to help each other sometimes basic operations questions may not get answered. Unless you are computer illiterate how you download the music to the iPhone is pretty simple. Just hook up your iphone and click on it on the left panel. It's pretty self explanatory.

I strongly doubt you can take a SIM card from Android and put it in iTunes. The information on the card would not be accessible to IOS.

Number 2. You pretty much have it. You can also store on your computer. I prefer computer but you will probably find most people use the cloud.

iPhone is pretty simple to figure out. If you had an android phone prior to iPhone you wont have problems. Dummy guide not needed.

Siri is a quick trick to me. Press the home button and hold it. One of the tricks that you might try is taking groups of icons and stacking them together if they are related. Like have all your games in one folder. Simply press the icon and you will see them shaking. Tap on the one that you want to put in the same folder and organize the screen. iPhone will see what you are up to and label the folder music, or utilities.

Just play with it and you'll discover things on your own. I can't tell you everything because I'm new myself and don't know that much and even what I do know would take me too long to put it down for you.

Remember to search before posting. As I said basic questions that have been answered many times may just get ignored.

Enjoy your phone.

Number 3. Iphone 5 has a micro sim
Number 4. Dummies guide
This applies to iphone 4s but may also be the same on your new 5 (maybe Hook can have a look)

On the phone
Run Safari
At the bottom of the screen you will see an icon that looks like a book
Tap this book
Scroll to the end of the list
There should be an Iphone User Guide here

Number 1
(This is on a Windoze pc)
Run iTunes
Connect Iphone
Click on phone in left column under "Devices"
Here you will see a picture of your phone on the "Summary" tab
At the bottom of this page you will see "Options"
Tick "Manually Manage Music"
Navigate to the files in the music section of iTunes that you want to put on your phone
Then simply drag and drop to your phone. Itunes will sort it all out for you
Now sync
Eject phone. Enjoy

I believe the IPhone 5 has a nano sim, which is smaller then the micro sim that is in the Iphone 4 and 4s, so as far as I know there isnt a phone that supports the sim that is in the iphone 5

Last edited: