What's new

iPhone 3GS, 5.16.05, 5.11 unlock

jenniferny

Reaction score
This is my first attempt to unlock & Jailbreak my iPhone.

I have installed Cydia, I have installed iPad Baseband 6.15.00

Is my phone unlocked now, or did I miss or forget a step?
How can you tell if your iPhone is Jailbroken?
how can I tell if my iPhone is unlocked?

I can make calls and access internet via Wi-Fi.

What is my next step? I have read the unlock beginner thread but am still confused.-

This is my first attempt to unlock & Jailbreak my iPhone.

I have installed Cydia, I have installed iPad Baseband 6.15.00

Is my phone unlocked now, or did I miss or forget a step?
How can you tell if your iPhone is Jailbroken?
how can I tell if my iPhone is unlocked?

I can make calls and access internet via Wi-Fi.

What is my next step? I have read the unlock beginner thread but am still confused.-

If you see Cydia on your springboard somewhere, it's jailbroken. You can tell your phones unlocked by putting in a SIM from another carrier in and trying it out. To unlock the iPad baseband you'll need to use UltraSn0w. Flashing to the iPad baseband only changes your baseband and does not unlock it at the same time

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OK, I finally installed ultrasn0w, but it did not do anything after it installed and I can not figure out how to run it. I reinstalled it and it was the same. Is there instructions somewhere or what am I doing wrong? My phone lost cellular connection and I clicked restart springboard. What do I do now. How do I set up the phone for a new 3g connection. I get the message tha6t I am not subscribed to a cellular data service, but I am. These are the instructions I got from the carrier but I can not find where to make the changes:
[h=1]How do I update the Wireless Web Settings?
Your phone requires its Wireless Web settings to be updated manually. The settings associated with our service can be found at the bottom of this email.
We have no additional instructions available to update these settings, however your original owner's manual may have the instructions you need.
How do I update the Picture Message Settings?
Your phone requires its Picture Message settings to be updated manually. The settings associated with our service can be found at the bottom of this email.
Based on what we know about your phone, we have also provided the steps to follow in order to update these settings. These steps should be correct, however if you have problems your original owner's manual may have more accurate information on the steps to take to update your settings.Setting up the handset

NOTE: - If theMobile DataNetwork.option outlined in step 1 is not available on your iPhone, please connect the handset to a PC or Mac running iTunes in order to configure your iPhone.
  1. On the handset, select Settings > General > Network or Mobile Data > Cellular or Mobile DataNetwork.
  2. In the MMS section, enter att.mvno as the APN.
  3. Enter the Username and Password shown below. If no value is given, leave the field blank.
    • Username:
    • Password:
  4. Enter http://mmsc.cingular.com as the MMSC.
  5. Enter 66.209.11.32:80 as the MMS Proxy.
  6. Leave the MMSMax Message Size set at the default value and the MMSUA Prof URL field left blank.
  7. Press the home button to return to the main screen.
The settings have been applied and are ready for use.
Consumer Cellular Manual Configuration Settings:
If your phone requires you to manually input the data settings, they are provided below. You will not need to use these if your phone is capable of automatic updates and the settings are saved successfully.
Proxy Addressproxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
Proxy Port80
Proxy PushDisabledEnabled
Authentication TypeSecureSecure
Username (CSD/GPRS)
Password (CSD/GPRS)
GPRS access pointatt.mvnoatt.mvno
Homepagehttp://mmsc.cingular.comhttp://mmsc.cingular.com

Service NamePicture Messaging Settings (MMS)Web Settings
[/h]

Last edited:
Just restart all your network settigns by clicking: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
After that, make sure your Cellurar Data is ON, 3G is ON. Try to turn off your wifi. If still no cellurar connection, try to Turn On your Roaming Settings (if it was turned on, try to turn it OFF). U really dont need to put the manual information about you cellurar internet connection, these kind of phones making it automatically.

Just restart all your network settigns by clicking: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
After that, make sure your Cellurar Data is ON, 3G is ON. Try to turn off your wifi. If still no cellurar connection, try to Turn On your Roaming Settings (if it was turned on, try to turn it OFF). U really dont need to put the manual information about you cellurar internet connection, these kind of phones making it automatically.

I did reset all Network Settings, and I am able to get a cellular connection without any problems, but am not able to connect to the 3G or Data. 3G is on, Cellular Data is on, Roaming is on, Wi-Fi is off, SIM is installed and I do have a cellular data subscription. When I go into Safari I get: Could not activate cellular data network. You are noot subscribed to a cellular data service.
How can you tell if the phone was unlocked or if it is still locked? Is there some characteristic or label or setting that changes when the phone is unlocked?
Thank you for your help. Doing this is completely new to me and it is great that there are so many people here willing to help.

Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network. Then change the APN according to the settings of the carrier you're trying to connect to.

Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network. Then change the APN according to the settings of the carrier you're trying to connect to.

On the "Network" page there is:
3G- On/Off
Cellular data- On/Off
Data Roaming- On/Off
Setup Personal Hot Spot
VPN>-VPN-On/Off and Add VPN Configuration
Wi-Fi- Networks Available & On/Off

That is everything on that page.

Thank You to everyone that is and has responded!!!!!

Jennifer

jenniferny, you must find your carrier suggested vpn settings and write it into your vpn section in settings. Just try to type into google like: AT&T vpn settings. try to put your carrier instead of at&t and u will find it im sure. After u will find it, go to settings > General > Cellurar > Cellular Data Network and type there provided information about your carriers APN server.
Good luck :)

I just went to unlockit.nz, it installed APN Changer and it changed my APN to my current carrier. Then I turned off Wi-Fi, turned on 3G and connected to the internet immediately!! Is it possible it was this easy all along?????

Last edited:
Yes. Most carriers that you use for unlocks (especially the unlimited everything ones like StraightTalk or T-Mobile) will have APN settings that needs to be changed.

3G seems to work fine, but still NO Picture Messaging. Consumer Cellular uses aat.mvno and that seems to be set right, but still no picture messaging. Any ideas why??

Picture messages is MMS, in the same setting, which i mention above, there are MMS server, user , pasword settings, u must enter your carrier provided information about MMS the same way.

Since your iPhone is jailbroke already I would recommend downloading an APN editor in Cydia. The one I use called tetherme, but I'm sure APN editing will do the trick. This way you can configure your APN settings to enable data and MMS. Make sure to uninstall the certificate from unlockit.co.nz if you use this method. They will have a bad effect if both used at the same time.