What's new

iPhone 4S and internet connection via hotswap USB cable not working

zillah

Reaction score
Dear Experts

I have got iphone 4S I used to enable the Personal Hotswap and connect my laptop via USB cable to connect to the internet,,,,,,everything was working fine for a while.

Now I am not able to access the internet via USB cable any more although I tried different USB ports on my laptop ASUS U31S windows 7 ultimate.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2iiv2n9.png

Though still I can access the internet via Wi-Fi iphone Hotswap

Could you please advise what troubleshooting should I consider to rectify this issue ?

Regards

Shouldn't be the laptop's problem. Try turning on the tethering on your iPhone, and on your laptop, go to Start > cmd and run "ipconfig /release", select the network again and try to connect. Most likely it's hopswap. It might be that you've hit a data limit or your carrier's detected your tethering activities and locked it out until you activate it again and pay the tethering data fee.

Hi willerz2

It might be that you've hit a data limit or your carrier's detected your tethering activities and locked it out until you activate it again and pay the tethering data fee.
I am 100 percent sure this is not issue otherwise internet via WiFi wouldn't work either,,,,would it ?

After tip that I found on other forum, I uninstalled all iphone software and driver from the computer and did fresh installation to them that fixed the problem

Cheers