What's new

Brand-new problem: connecting iPhone with PC via USB cable

Benbimi

Reaction score
I backup my pictures from my iPhone to my PC. Up till now, I would connect the iPhone to the PC with a USB cable and, after a few minutes, the PC would recognize the iPhone and allow me to access the pictures on it.

BUT THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW: I connect the two with a USB cable and wait. Eventually the iPhone asks me if I TRUST the PC. I respond Yes. And I wait, and wait, and wait. The PC doesn't recognize the iPhone.

Is it because of the new feature that asks if I TRUST the PC? Is there any other explanation that anyone can offer?

TechhnicaI details: iPhone is running iOS 8.1.2. The PC is running Windows 7. The USB cable is the Apple original.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, @Benbimi!

Hopefully this will help with your "Trust" problem:
On your iPhone, go to Settings - General - Reset and Reset Location & Privacy and/or Reset Network Settings. This will set back location/privacy and your network to default settings, and you'll have to set them up the way you need it. Both are also used to "Untrust" your computer.

iTunes will ask you once more to trust the computer, but it should be for the last time until you untrust the PC.

Hope that helps.

Thanks - I will do this.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, @Benbimi!

Hopefully this will help with your "Trust" problem:
On your iPhone, go to Settings - General - Reset and Reset Location & Privacy and/or Reset Network Settings. This will set back location/privacy and your network to default settings, and you'll have to set them up the way you need it. Both are also used to "Untrust" your computer.

iTunes will ask you once more to trust the computer, but it should be for the last time until you untrust the PC.

Hope that helps.