What's new

How do I get rid of an unrequested "COVID-19 Exposure Logging" App in my iPhone 11?

Little-Acorn

Reaction score
It's not an icon on the front screen (or any other screen). And I certainly didn't request it. It wasn't there when I got this phone last year.

But I tapped Settings/Privacy/Health, and now there it is.

How do I get rid of it? Turning it off (actually it's already off) isn't enough.

BTW, how did it get there? As I said, it wasn't there when I got the phone. Now I have iOS 13.6.

Has anyone else run into this?

If you mean this.
2912E9F8-D37F-47D6-92F5-50C50A3378B0.jpeg

It’s not an app but an Application Programming Interface (API), which enables installed exposure tracking apps to work. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.for...navirus-tracking-and-contact-tracing-app/amp/

It can’t be deleted but if you leave it turned off and don’t have any exposure notification apps installed it can’t actually do anything. It was part of a recent iOS update.

BTW, my screenshot is from iOS 14 on my iPhone XS.

No, I don't have any "Exposure Notifications" in the "Settings" list as you show there. But if I tap on Privacy, then on Health, I find "COVID-19 Exposure Logging".

Is this also some kind of API that I can't remove?

How/when did it get there?

Was a COVID-19 app ever installed on your iPhone? If there was such an app installed and if it wanted to access your health data it would appear there. COVID-19 Exposure Logging is not a standard part of settings.

Was a COVID-19 app ever installed on your iPhone?
Not to my knowledge. But suddenly there it is, under Settings/Privacy/Health, despite my NEVER having installed it or anything similar. And it wasn't there six months ago.

COVID-19 Exposure Logging is not a standard part of settings.
Hmm. Then what's it doing on my phone? And how do I get rid of it, since it's "not a standard part of settings"?

Last edited:
In the latest iOS update it is built in l noticed yesterday