What's new

How do I create a second Apple ID.

Chuckie

Reaction score
I have friend on a group plan, with an XS phone, I believe, but she wants her own Apple ID to download apps, etc. BUT she wants to stay on her family’s plan.

She wants to keep the primary, but buy personal items with the secondary so they are separate from the family plan.

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure that is possible, but if it is possible, I suppose you should ask the plan carrier, yes? Good luck.

Family Sharing should help her. Family Sharing
She can choose which purchases on her own Apple ID that she wants to share or not.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if she can download I Tunes, or a second copy of I Tunes, and log in with another user name.

Im thinking a trip to AT&T or Apple may be on the schedule to get it done.

Thanks for your help.

I think I’m going to take her to her carrier or the Apple store.

Thanks for all the replies.

semper malum

I have friend on a group plan, with an XS phone, I believe, but she wants her own Apple ID to download apps, etc. BUT she wants to stay on her family’s plan.

She wants to keep the primary, but buy personal items with the secondary so they are separate from the family plan.

Thanks in advance.

If she is still within her warranty date she can call AppleCare (800) 275-2273 to find out if that’s possible, if so they may be able to save you the trip.

If she is still within her warranty date she can call AppleCare (800) 275-2273 to find out if that’s possible, if so they may be able to save you the trip.
That’s the number for iPods, Macs, and iPads.

Thanks in advance.

I had two numbers for Apple Care, try this one; (800) 692-7753.