What's new

How can I automatically sync photos and videos over Wi-Fi between iPhone and Mac?

usodiario

Reaction score
Mac Catalina
iPhone SE 2020
Both updated

Hi.

I have a question:

How can I sync automatically copying photos and videos between iPhone and Mac over Wi-Fi?

- First indicate that I do not want to use iCloud for my photos and videos.

- I have configured the mac using the finder to manage photos and videos, the finder detects the iPhone without a cable, it detects it if Mac and iPhone are on the same local network, the same wifi.

- The Mac does send the photos and videos to the iphone automatically over wifi.

- But the iPhone does not send the photos and videos to the Mac automatically via Wi-Fi and this is what I need, I need to have the same copies of photos and videos on both devices, I don't know how to configure it, if I need to do something additional in the iPhone options in addition to the ones I already made in the Mac finder, as indicated by the Apple website?

Thank you very much.

Do you have My Photo Stream toggled on? That will let you view 30 days of photos from the iPhone On other devices. Otherwise, I know of no permanent automatic sharing that doesn’t use iCloud or another app.

Do you have My Photo Stream toggled on? That will let you view 30 days of photos from the iPhone On other devices. Otherwise, I know of no permanent automatic sharing that doesn’t use iCloud or another app.

Thanks for taking your time to answer.

Apple systems are very closed, this allows inexperienced users to damage the system, but this causes that the options are much less than in other systems, even impossible options.

About the question and after being with an Apple technician on the phone for more than 3 hours, they gave me these answers:

1. The option to synchronize on a local network (that is, not on the internet) while the iPhone and the Mac are on the same network, the same wifi, then the photos and videos from iPhone to Mac and from Mac to iPhone if possible Synchronize automatically while the equipment is on.

So if you can.

2. After those three hours with the Apple technician (and other subsequent calls), they could not understand why it does not work on my computers, so in the end I am waiting for them to call me again, this was a week ago.

Solution:

I have bought a phone that is not iPhone, I returned the Mac to the seller and bought a different laptop, now I have more freedom and I managed to solve my backup problem with a huge range of options and not just an option with regular support.

I understood that Apple products are not for me.

Also reading Apple's terms of use, I learned that we are being monitored and this kind of lack of privacy should not be tolerated.

Thanks