What's new

Home screen icons

Bacchus

Reaction score
On my new iPhone 5S there are a number of icons on the home screen that came with the phone. Some of them I'll never use.

Is there a way to remove them? Possibly store them somewhere in the remote off-chance that I might want one of them in the future ? I mean, I have absolutely no desire to have an Apple Watch, for example. These things just take up space

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

With some stock apps, such as iTunes, App Store, Safari, etc. You can turn them off in settings and they'll no longer appear on the home screen but most stock apps can't be removed from the home screen. All you can do with those apps is to hide them in a folder on a little used page. To turn off the apps that can be turned off, go to Settings>General>Restrictions and turn off the apps you don't want to appear on the home screen.
image.png

With some stock apps, such as iTunes, App Store, Safari, etc. You can turn them off in settings and they'll no longer appear on the home screen but most stock apps can't be removed from the home screen. All you can do with those apps is to hide them in a folder on a little used page. To turn off the apps that can be turned off, go to Settings>General>Restrictions and turn off the apps you don't want to appear on the home screen.
View attachment 23105

Thank ya, kind sir. I followed your advice and turned a couple off via settings. Then I scrunched the rest into a folder. Looks much better now. Tidier. Tidy is good.

In glad I could help. Don't hesitate to come back if you have more questions.

On my new iPhone 5S there are a number of icons on the home screen that came with the phone. Some of them I'll never use.

Is there a way to remove them? Possibly store them somewhere in the remote off-chance that I might want one of them in the future ? I mean, I have absolutely no desire to have an Apple Watch, for example. These things just take up space

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
I put all the ones I don't use in the extra box , put it on another screen