What's new

Home button not working tidy??

valleyboy22

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a iPhone 4 and noticed the home button is not working tidy? I updated the software because I thought it might be that but still the same. Can this be repaired because its out of warranty or any solution or help please??

Thsnks

The home button can be replaced relatively cheap. Actually... it's the mechanism under the button that needs to be replaced. You can get the part for less than $20 USD. The only trick is.. the replacement process is difficult. Since you have to disassemble your entire iPhone to get to the home button.

Is your iPhone 4 GSM or CDMA? I'll link you to the proper how to and you can decide from there if it's something you'd like to tackle.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and I live in the uk, so on orange network if this helps??

Cheers

The Home Button is indeed a problem with the iPhone. Thanks Apple. However, you can get by (temporarily) by using the really cool Assistive Touch function coupled with the Power Button (iOS 5 or higher, I think). That way, you don't even need the Home Button and can do anything as before.

Yeah just come across that when google about it. On two minds to get it repaired or just go with this option??

Cheers

Assistive Touch is a love/hate option for most people. Turn it on and try it out... then make the decision for yourself if you want to get the home button repaired.

It's jailbroken so I read u can get apps on cydia for this but don't know what they are called??