What's new

Home button not working

ashbane

Reaction score
Im having an issue with my phone the home button isn't working the rest of the phone is working fine but with out the home button I have to shut down my phone to close out of any app or program I'm using to switch any advice would help.

Last edited:
What IOS are you using? If your using IOS5 then you could turn on assistive touch and use the on screen home button. Also try the search function you will find alot of info on this.

Im having an issue with my phone the home button isn't working the rest of the phone is working fine but with out the home button I have to shut down my phone to close out of any app or program I'm using to switch any advice would help.

Is your phone under warranty (one year)? If so, get a replacement. In the meanwhile, others have posted that "soaking" the home button with isopropyl alcohol helps. Do it with power off, and wait hours before powering up again. Nothing to lose, right?

The alocohol trick is known to work for many.. but I think Soaking is a bad word to use... you only need a few drops and work it in with your thumb.. turn phone over and let dry for a few minutes.. then fire it up.. if not, than the assistive touch is very useful. I actually tried it for a while.. its an extra push but it wasn't that bad...

Try plugging in your charger and, ever so gently, pull up on the plastic part and you should hear a click and the home button should work again. Worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

sprof said:
Try plugging in your charger and, ever so gently, pull up on the plastic part and you should hear a click and the home button should work again. Worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Looks like that was a temporary fix since the button is not working again.

Looks like that was a temporary fix since the button is not working again.

Wow, is that Home Button not working at all, or just intermittently? Faulty home button performance is a subject in many forums and threads. Perhaps Apple should get a clue?