What's new

Home button and LED light issues *H20 Damage*

1BADG6GT

Reaction score
My daughters iPhone was water damaged (not sure if droped in water are water spilled on it), but either way phone would not turn on at all. She took it to the apple store to have them take a look at it and they couldn't even retrieve any info off of it. The guy recomended having a thirt party repair prace take a look at it (They're are are tons on craigslist).

After about a month of the phone just sitting there (she bought a new iPhone) I went to turn it on and it did... in DFU mode... so I opend itunes and plugged the phone in and there was no info about the phone... so I decided to try and restore it to factory condition.

It took about 45-50 minutes but the phone now works. I made calls with it, made sure everything worked... speaker,mic, vibration...

Everything works EXCEPT now the home button has to be pressed a bit more than normal.... like you actualy have to press down on it rather thatn simply clicking it. The other issue it has it that the camera LED light stays ON... not like the bright flash mode just ON.

The home button issue doesnt bother me so much (its still an issue though) but does anyone know how I can turn the LED light off??

Thanks in advance.

After rebooting the device is it still on? Have you tried a hard reset? If yes and it's still on take it back to the store and let them have a look at it. They might replace it for you.

The light stays on after reboot. I'm still a n00b so here's the n00b question...

How do you "hard reset"?

I have the same problem with my older ip4 also my front cam is not working and the light is of when i press the home button and afther 10 seconds the light is on again

I have the same problem with my older ip4 also my front cam is not working and the light is of when i press the home button and afther 10 seconds the light is on again

Before you go to apple store, perform a factory reset.

I did already nothing is working new ios on it nothing still the light is turning on

But still is the only solution a walk to the applestore ? Or is there anybody out there who solved the problem by him zelf ?!

But still is the only solution a walk to the applestore ? Or is there anybody out there who solved the problem by him zelf ?!

Since it's a hardware issue and since you have the warranty, I think that the best thing to do is to go to apple store.

I'm gonna take a trip to the apple store in the next day or so... I don't have anything to lose.... worst that can happen is they tell me that I'm S.O.L.

Oh and when the wife took it the first time, she never mentioned water damage so hopefully that helps my odds since the phone is working now compared to the first time (it wouldn't even power on).

I'll keep you posted.