What's new

Home button wasn't working properly...

gretchen_wright23

Reaction score
I have been having issues the past month or so with my home button. Intermittently it wouldn't work at all and I would have to push it several times in order to get back to home screen or pop up active apps list. Tried everything I could find to fix it. Finally broke down and took to Apple Store today. I thought I was out of 1 yr warranty period so that is why I had waited so long. The 'Genius' played with it for a couple minutes, asked when was the last time I backed it up (which i do weekly if not more often) and then hooked it up to her diagnostic program on iPad via Bluetooth. She found out I was still in warranty for 67 more days and replaced phone on the spot! Even did a full restore from backup while I waited! I was ready to either get told to use the accessibility function of alt home button or told that was nothing they could do for me. I am so happy with Apple! I am hardly ever disappointed when I go in for any help or advice.

You're one lucky guy Gretchen!!! Some of us don't have apple store in the country we live in :( iv been having the same problem for the past month now and it's really is annoying! I tried opening standard app like stocks and then holding down the power button till it says "slide to power off" then release the power button and hold down the home button few seconds till it force shuts the app. This solution is supposed to help but sadly for me it didn't help.
For those of you who are having the problem you can try it. It might help.
If anyone has new solutions please post them.
Thanks

You're one lucky guy Gretchen!!! Some of us don't have apple store in the country we live in :( iv been having the same problem for the past month now and it's really is annoying! I tried opening standard app like stocks and then holding down the power button till it says "slide to power off" then release the power button and hold down the home button few seconds till it force shuts the app. This solution is supposed to help but sadly for me it didn't help.
For those of you who are having the problem you can try it. It might help.
If anyone has new solutions please post them.
Thanks

Why don't you use assisstive touch ive been using it for months now and haven't touched my home button since.

Okay I did some reading and iv to be on iOS 5 to get assistive touch. Tell me.... I'm on iPhone 4 4.3.3 jailbroken. How do I upgrade it and what will happen to my phone? Will it still be jailbroken if I upgrade to 5.0.1 or 5.1.1?
Please advice. I'm sorry I'm not good at this. I'd really appreciate your help. and I do appreciate this forum.
Thank you in advance.