What's new

Hold package at hub for monday morning pick up?

Survivalism

Reaction score
So my phone is going to be delivered by 3 and i have to work right at 3, i was thinking about calling fed ex tomorrow and asking them to hold the package at a local fed ex hub so i could pick it up monday morning when they open, does anyone think this will work?

From my experience they will not. They (for some strange reason) have to try to deliver the package at least once. You can call them once you get home, if you miss them, and pick up the package after 6 or 7 when the truck returns to the hub.

From my experience they will not. They (for some strange reason) have to try to deliver the package at least once. You can call them once you get home, if you miss them, and pick up the package after 6 or 7 when the truck returns to the hub.

From my understanding UPS will not let you pick up the package if delivery has not been attempted, i believe fed ex will.

Are your experiences with fed ex? My phone should be in colorado tomorrow so i was planning on giving fed ex customer service a call and see what they say. Just wanted to post up for anyone else / get opinions.

I have dealt with both so I'm not sure which would not do it if not both. Your best bet would be to call and find out. The worst that can happen is they tell you no.

i called UPS on this same thing today and they have to try to deliver it at least once

Called fedex and was told that if i can get a verizon rep to call fed ex and authorize the hold than i can pick the phone up monday morning when the fedex store opens, i am trying to decide if i should call verizon and try and set this up or if theirs a larger chance something will go wrong and ill have to wait longer lol.

Ok called verizon and this is what they had to say, fedex wont process the hold until monday when the package will already be on the truck, so if i were to hold it i could pick it up tuesday morning, otherwise it will be delivered monday. If i have to im calling in late to work.. :D

I'd take my chances that FedEx will deliver prior to you having to leave for work, I would think they load these packages a day/night prior to delivery. Mine also says delivery by 3pm and our FedEx truck is always in our neighborhood prior to noon.

I actually called FedEx today because my package is 45 mins away from me currently and they said the package needs to be attempted to be delivered at least once, so it was a no to pick up today.

I worked at a UPS hub during my freshman year of college. At FedEx/UPS, trucks are loaded during the prelaod, which is between 11pm and 4am Sunday night/ Monday morning.

The trucks are also loaded based on the scheduled route. The package would be virtually impossible to find before it's loaded to that delivery truck. I'd say the chances are thin that they would go 1) finding the truck on the line that contains the package, and 2) tear it apart to find your package.

When I worked at UPS we did it ONCE...and only because we had screwed up and delayed the shipment, and the receiver was a bride who was getting married at noon that morning....even then it was very difficult to track it down.

Yes the trucks are loaded very early in the morning. If no one is at your house to sign for the package ups/fedex will leave a slip. Once you have that slip you can either call and go pick it up when the truck returns at the end of the day or have them hold it for pick up or have them try to deliver it again the next day.

From personal Experience with UPS AND FedEx, that delivery time means nothing. They will just deliver it sometime that day, it's never been right for me.

From personal Experience with UPS AND FedEx, that delivery time means nothing. They will just deliver it sometime that day, it's never been right for me.
Yup, you could be home all day waiting by the door but when you think it's safe to go to the bathroom, that's when they will come and go!

Yup, you could be home all day waiting by the door but when you think it's safe to go to the bathroom, that's when they will come and go!

From my personal experience, UPS comes after 7PM, and FedEx usually comes before 11am.

To be fair, I think it just depends on where you happen to fall on their route. In my case, UPS is always maddddd later.

From my personal experience, UPS comes after 7PM, and FedEx usually comes before 11am.

To be fair, I think it just depends on where you happen to fall on their route. In my case, UPS is always maddddd later.
It varies on location, where I used to live UPS would come around 5PM and FedEx by 1PM, where I work the town over they both come before noon.