What's new

VZ IP4S Accessory Bundle Packages were on site for FREE! Will Verizon honor orders?

wyajbb17

Reaction score
Like many other iPhone fans out there tonight, I was one of the first to place my order for the brand new iPhone 4S. VZW.com in fact opened their pre-order links about 10 minutes earlier than Apple, ATT or Sprint! Once I finished submitting my order, I decided to take a look at the accessories to deck out my brand new superphone. Much to my amazement and pleasant surprise, VZW was offering both of their accessory bundles for the IP4S for FREE! So naturally I took them up on the generous offer and ordered both, chose the 2-day free shipping option as well, the order was processed and was given a confirmation e-mail to seal the transaction.

I just now ventured back to the site and sure enough, both of those packages now have a price tag or about $50 and $70 respectively.

Here is my question....does anyone know if Verizon will (or will be forced to) honor those orders that were submitted at the graciously discounted $0 price tag. I would think they would have to, right? Or isn't that bait and switch?

Thanks for your help and valuable insights. I look forward to getting rid of my Droid in a week!

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2011-10-07 at 4.04.36 AM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-10-07 at 4.04.36 AM.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 466
I had the same thing happen around 3:30. I have a screen shot of my order form (but not the item description showing free) and a confirmation email. I am going to wait a bit longer to see if it ships. If not, I will call and ask about its status WITHOUT MENTIONING THE PRICE. I expect they will say there was a problem and I need to resubmit. Even if it was a glitch, I will push for them to honor their offer. Brick and mortar stores almost always honor the price when mismarked. Let me know what happens with you.

ArmySteeler said:
I had the same thing happen around 3:30. I have a screen shot of my order form (but not the item description showing free) and a confirmation email. I am going to wait a bit longer to see if it ships. If not, I will call and ask about its status WITHOUT MENTIONING THE PRICE. I expect they will say there was a problem and I need to resubmit. Even if it was a glitch, I will push for them to honor their offer. Brick and mortar stores almost always honor the price when mismarked. Let me know what happens with you.

Got an email this AM stating they cancelled my order because it was "blank." I called customer service and they told me to send them my order confirmation and they would rebuild the order and honor the price. I recommend you send them the order confirmation screen you got just after your ordered, it clearly states the items were free and lists the order confirmation number. When I placed the order, I printed this out because the offer was too good to be true. If you didn't print out that confirmation, your confirmation email should be enough (shows the items and $0.00). We'll see if we get what was advertised.

Army,

That's awesome!...I did save the screen shots from every order page, including the confirmation page at the end. I am glad they told you they would honor the price. Though, I did get an e-mail this morning saying that VZW needed "additional info". I called, spoke to someone about a separate issue and asked them to check on the status of the order. She told me nothing had changed and that no notes were being shown about the order. I am hoping that means it is going to ship soon. I did select the 2-day shipping option after all, haha.

We'll see. Let me know if you get yours.

Thanks for the response.

Last edited:
wyajbb17 said:
Army,

That's awesome!...I did save the screen shots from every order page, including the confirmation page at the end. I am glad they told you they would honor the price. Though, I did get an e-mail this morning saying that VZW needed "additional info". I called, spoke to someone about a separate issue and asked them to check on the status of the order. She told me nothing had changed and that no notes were being shown about the order. I am hoping that means it is going to ship soon. I did select the 2-day shipping option after all, haha.

We'll see. Let me know if you get yours.

Thanks for the response.

Just spoke to the rep. She had trouble finding those packages. I talked her to the page and she said she might have to order each item separately to reconstruct the bundles, but they were going to order it. I actually (accidentally) order 2 of one package in my haste to ensure I got the free price. I told her I didn't need 2 of the same (no need to be greedy). The rule we both used was: when the deal you found on the Internet looks too good to be true, gather evidence to support your case. I think they were in the process of loading those iPhone 4S bundles to support the pre-order rush and we caught it before they entered the price. Their mistake. Any word on your iPhone 4S? No change to my 14 Oct status. Although an uninformed chat rep tried to tell me ALL iPhone shipments (including to stores) were delayed a week because of Jobs croaking. You can't trust some of these reps. I've heard nothing of the sort. His response was I just tell you what my script says.

Just spoke with an incredibly kind rep from Internet sales. Sent them all the necessary evidence and she told me that after looking it over with her supervisor everything looked in order and that it is a legitimate order and they will be honoring it. They just asked that they be given the time to bring that info back to their developers to check and make sure everything checks out. So it looks like they will be honoring their mistake. I will say that aside from the whole "I am getting a terrific deal on some accessories for my brand new iPhone4s", their customer service really won me over throughout this thing. Never once did I hear no. Never once was there someone trying to tell me it was my fault or that they aren't responsible for their own mistakes. Nothing but complete and utter respectfulness and kindness. Not saying that other carriers don't provide the same (I've been with VZW since I first bought a cell phone), but I am definitely glad to be a VZW customer today.

Looks like my iPhone 4s is schedule for delivery on the 14th as well. Card was charged and I am awaiting shipping details.

wyajbb17 said:
Just spoke with an incredibly kind rep from Internet sales. Sent them all the necessary evidence and she told me that after looking it over with her supervisor everything looked in order and that it is a legitimate order and they will be honoring it. They just asked that they be given the time to bring that info back to their developers to check and make sure everything checks out. So it looks like they will be honoring their mistake. I will say that aside from the whole "I am getting a terrific deal on some accessories for my brand new iPhone4s", their customer service really won me over throughout this thing. Never once did I hear no. Never once was there someone trying to tell me it was my fault or that they aren't responsible for their own mistakes. Nothing but complete and utter respectfulness and kindness. Not saying that other carriers don't provide the same (I've been with VZW since I first bought a cell phone), but I am definitely glad to be a VZW customer today.

Looks like my iPhone 4s is schedule for delivery on the 14th as well. Card was charged and I am awaiting shipping details.

Got my tracking number for my bundles. Unfortunately, I entered the wrong expiration date on my iPhone order and it got delayed for several hours until I checked my email and fixed it. My status has change to 21 Oct. Hopefully it is temporary until they update the system. I hope I didn't go to the back of the line.

Just got off the phone with the rep in the internet sales department. They are honoring the order and it will ship today. They said there were other people who attempted to take advantage of the same offer, however they didn't save their order confirmation page, or the screen shots of the order process. Because I had the proof that hey actually completed the order process at the discounted price, they "have no issue whatsoever" with honoring the deal. Looking forward to getting my phone sometime tomorrow and my bundles on Monday.

Verizon Wireless customer service is top notch.

wyajbb17 said:
Just got off the phone with the rep in the internet sales department. They are honoring the order and it will ship today. They said there were other people who attempted to take advantage of the same offer, however they didn't save their order confirmation page, or the screen shots of the order process. Because I had the proof that hey actually completed the order process at the discounted price, they "have no issue whatsoever" with honoring the deal. Looking forward to getting my phone sometime tomorrow and my bundles on Monday.

Verizon Wireless customer service is top notch.

Got both bundles last night. Everything promised was delivered. Was hoping one of the cases was more gel/rubber, but not complaining. I believe those materials give the iPhone the best chance of surviving a drop. Phone tracking for delivery today. Will drive by my local VZ Wireless store at 0620 this AM on my way to work. Wonder if/how long the line will be that I won't be in.

I did call Verizon today as well. The rep I talked was extremely helpful and he got me all the items that I ordered. Like others mentioned here, he had to put together the packages manually so took about 10 mins. On top of getting all the items that I ordered for free, he gave me a free overnight delivery since I've been waiting for a week.

This is what true customer service is all about. I am now a big advocate of Verizon wireless and my account will be with them for a long time.

That's great news guys. Happy to hear they honered the orders! And good to know in the future to save that information ;)