What's new

Highly irritating aspect of the iPhone

Tricon7

Reaction score
When I'm in an app and I want to go back to the main screen, I press the round "home" button at the bottom of the iPhone. But instead of it making the app disappear, it only minimizes it and shows me all my other open apps :mad:. Now, I have to press the home button TWICE more to get back to the main screen - once that will re-maximize the app and again that will finally make it disappear. I think the problem is that I didn't quite press the home button hard enough, but it's friggin' aggravating, and I'm finding it more and more difficult to press the button hard enough to make it do what I want. It's one of the major drawbacks to the iPhone, IMHO.

You can use Assistive Touch for the home button if it comes down to the issue being physical.

When I'm in an app and I want to go back to the main screen, I press the round "home" button at the bottom of the iPhone. But instead of it making the app disappear, it only minimizes it and shows me all my other open apps :mad:. Now, I have to press the home button TWICE more to get back to the main screen - once that will re-maximize the app and again that will finally make it disappear. I think the problem is that I didn't quite press the home button hard enough, but it's friggin' aggravating, and I'm finding it more and more difficult to press the button hard enough to make it do what I want. It's one of the major drawbacks to the iPhone, IMHO.

Hmmm that doesn't sound normal. The home button on my 5c doesn't take much pressure to activate it and I find I've awakened my sleeping iPhone accidentally. If you have a Apple Store near you I'd take the phone in and have them look at it as it may be a bad home button.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk