What's new

Hi - Thinking About Buying

NewUser

Reaction score
Hi am very new to this forum but bassically am thinking about buying a iPhone 4 16gb white. Am also thinking about buying it from tesco on the Tesco Mobile - Mobile Phones | Sim Cards | IPhones price plan.

Bassicaly can you please explain to me what all the data charges mean? I will most probably be using facebook, sky sports, hotmail and the occasional google search plus many many apps :D

Thanks a bunch

Firstly the white iPhone 4 hasn't even been released in America yet, I don't even think there is an official release date. So I wouldn't count on seeing the white iPhone 4 in Tesco's UK any time soon.

Secondly the data charges refer to how much data you use while surfing the internet/using internet apps on your phone, plus receiving/sending email.

As you can see from the Tesco price plans etc here Prices & Tarrifs - iPhone - Tesco.com

Whether you go with a pay as you go price plan or a pay monthly plan you'll get 1gb of monthly usage chucked in. That's fairly standard on most UK networks and to be honest will be plenty enough for using with the basic web page surfing you mention above. The 1gb of usage chucked in means you won't have to pay for any of that data you use during that 1gb. If you go over your limit you may well be charged extra (you'll have to check the terms and conditions for Tesco to see what the deal is) I'm on T-Mobile and all that happens if I go over is they restrict my usage between certain times, no extra charges incurred. So far this happened at all with my iPhone 4.

I don't know if your referring to the skysports mobile tv app but you'll be wasteing your time trying to connect to that over standard 3G (i've tried), plus it'll hammer your monthly usage in probably an hour! So you'll only really want to connect to that over WI-FI.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

welcome to the forum! and tesco have some good prices. though when i went they still had the iphone 3gs on display and they have some good cases. but also the iphone 4 is worth the money but i would go with o2 or vodafone. o2 has better deals, for £15 a month on pay as you go btw i get free unlimited texts and 3g and also 100 mins free calls. not bad for pay as you go. and also vodafone gets better coverage. o2 in places like starbucks in grafton centre cambridge gets very bad 3g but voda is expensive.. either way i wouldent trust a supermarket to be my carrier lol even though they have good deals

Edit: ohhh the white sorry i dident read that part.....

what london uk guy said :D no white just go with black or wait for white which will be a while. who knows when