What's new

HI, I have three quick questions please.

SubzeroA

Reaction score
Hi and I'm excited to have my first iPhone. So I've had my iPhone for a a few days, I've setup a password for voice mail it basically ask me to when the first day. So when I miss a call it can go to voice mail. On my android phone it would ask me to enter a pass before I can listen to the message. On the iPhone even after setup a password it never ask for for it and just plays the message.

2. Is there a way to shorten the time on how many rings it takes before it goes to voice mail ?

3. I can see there's a option to block callers, but is there a way to block text messages ? I got today what it looks like junk/spam text message and I don't even want to open it. How do I block the sender from sending me these text messages ?

I found this:

To block a phone number that recently messaged your iPhone:

1. Navigate to Messages
2. Select the message from the number you wish to block
3. Touch Contact in the upper right corner
4. Touch the blue information circle (i) next to the phone number
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Block this Caller
6. Touch Block Contact

on the internet but it sounds like I have to open the message to be able to block it. I'm a little worried opening messages on my phone, on my PC I never have to open junk email I just click the spam button at the top of the page and I don't have to open the email to do so.

I'm just worried that I'll get a virus or get malware installed on my phone if I open it, should I worry about this ?

Thanks a bunch

Let's see if I can help with two out of three. You voicemail is set up right. I haven't had to enter my voicemail code since my initial setup three iphones ago. But remember the code. You might need it if you want to change your v/m setup or access it remotely.
The is a way to shorten or lengthen the ring times but someone more knowledgeable than I will have to explain. It also may be different for different wireless companies and your provider might help you. But you can click the lock button (on the side) twice and it will send the call to v/m.
You found the right info on blocking callers and it also blocks messages.

It's possible with some providers to change the voicemail settings online. I suppose your provider has a website. Login and search for voicemail. If you can't change them on your own, you'll have to contact your provider to get this done.

If someone could just touch upon this last question, thanks

I can see there's a option to block callers, but is there a way to block text messages ? I got today what it looks like junk/spam text message and I don't even want to open it. How do I block the sender from sending me these text messages ?

I found this:

To block a phone number that recently messaged your iPhone:

1. Navigate to Messages
2. Select the message from the number you wish to block
3. Touch Contact in the upper right corner
4. Touch the blue information circle (i) next to the phone number
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Block this Caller
6. Touch Block Contact

on the internet but it sounds like I have to open the message to be able to block it. I'm a little worried opening messages on my phone, on my PC I never have to open junk email I just click the spam button at the top of the page and I don't have to open the email to do so.

I'm just worried that I'll get a virus or get malware installed on my phone if I open it, should I worry about this ?

You won't get malware as long as you don't open any link they send.

I think you will be happy with what I just read is showing in the IOS8.3 beta. There is a new way to block the messages of someone not in your contact list and also report as spam.