What's new

4S Block Feature

717maree

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently blocked a contact on my phone. I was wondering, will that person know I blocked them? If they try texting me or leaving a voicemail, will the messages go thru or will they receive notice that they've been blocked from my phone?

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums 717maree. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

The blocked contact will not directly know that you've blocked them, such as receiving a message of some sort through text saying "You have been blocked by XXX-XXX-XXXX". If the person is blocked, and they call you, after a few rings, they will be directed to your voicemail. There's no indication that tells them explicitly that they've been blocked. At least not until you tell them.

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums 717maree. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

The blocked contact will not directly know that you've blocked them, such as receiving a message of some sort through text saying "You have been blocked by XXX-XXX-XXXX". If the person is blocked, and they call you, after a few rings, they will be directed to your voicemail. There's no indication that tells them explicitly that they've been blocked. At least not until you tell them.

Hello Jon,

Thank you for your reply.
So even if the blocked contact leaves a voicemail (once they're directed my voicemail), I won't receive the message, correct? Also, if they send me a text, they're message will still say "Delivered" even though I didn't actually receive it?