What's new

From droid to iPhone 4, it's been interesting.

brenanne

Reaction score
I have had this phone for a few months and have adjusted to many things, but I am also fighting a few too. I do like the iPhone, don't get me wrong, but some things are just blocked by apple or confusing or just a hassle since Im with verizon. We all know Verizon is newer to iPhone. My main issue now is voicemail. I started using google voicemail since, the voicemail on the phone just wouldn't work. I'd like to use the one on the phone, especially since i think it might be why my phone rings 1 time for every 4 rings on the callers side. Is there something special i should of done to set up my voicemail?

Hi and welcome..

Have you tried calling from more then one device and noticed for the every 4 rings on the devices end it rings once on yours?

brenanne said:
I have had this phone for a few months and have adjusted to many things, but I am also fighting a few too. I do like the iPhone, don't get me wrong, but some things are just blocked by apple or confusing or just a hassle since Im with verizon. We all know Verizon is newer to iPhone. My main issue now is voicemail. I started using google voicemail since, the voicemail on the phone just wouldn't work. I'd like to use the one on the phone, especially since i think it might be why my phone rings 1 time for every 4 rings on the callers side. Is there something special i should of done to set up my voicemail?

I don't really have a fix for your problem but I have an alternative solution.

YouMail. It is truly awesome...and free.

Open the AppStore on your phone and download the YouMail app.

It is just awesome.

Since I'm jailbroken , I just removed the Voicemail tab in my phone app.

You can have visual voicemail over wifi and 3G.

You get your voice mail instantly after a person leaves one.

And you can simply call your own phone number to to listen to your voicemail that way.

I just saved my own phone number in my contacts as "Voicemail".

Once you download the app, open it, sign in, the. A contact will automatically added to your contact list called "Activate YouMail". Call that number, it will beep then hang up...and YouMail is setup.

Can set custom greetings for certain contacts.

I have mine set to ignore blocked callers.

I have it set so when a person blocks there number before calling me the greeting says "sorry, the person you re calling does not except blocked callers. Please hang up, unblock your number and try again".

I love it.lol.

You say your Verizon VM doesn't work....it's a known issue that they sometimes do not set it up correctly for new iPhone users. Find a corporate store (not a franchise) and get them to set it up for you. It's a Verizon issue!

xrayeyes said:
You say your Verizon VM doesn't work....it's a known issue that they sometimes do not set it up correctly for new iPhone users. Find a corporate store (not a franchise) and get them to set it up for you. It's a Verizon issue!

Never knew that.

It happened to my sister when she got her iPhone last year. I researched it a bit for her, and it did turn out to be Verizon's fault for not resetting her VM.

xrayeyes said:
It happened to my sister when she got her iPhone last year. I researched it a bit for her, and it did turn out to be Verizon's fault for not resetting her VM.

So iPhone users who are on Verizon, then switched to the iPhone,have to have there VM setup by Verizon?

Cuz I was not on Verizon with any other phone...when I first went with Verizon I started straight off with the iPhone..,didn't need to have vm reset.

It doesn't happen with everyone. I moved over to an iPhone seamlessly including VM. I think there is a "bug", but the problem has been on Verizon's end from what I've read and what happened with my sister.

It looks like the extra ringing on the caller side is due to the google voicemail routing. This is what I've been using for my voicemail instead of the default voicemail that came with the phone since it never worked. Based off all of the responses, I will be visiting Verizon or calling customer service when I can access another phone that is not my cell that is. I called already and they said they have to set it up with me step by step even though I explained to them there was no setup there available. The guy acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. So annoying.

brenanne said:
It looks like the extra ringing on the caller side is due to the google voicemail routing. This is what I've been using for my voicemail instead of the default voicemail that came with the phone since it never worked. Based off all of the responses, I will be visiting Verizon or calling customer service when I can access another phone that is not my cell that is. I called already and they said they have to set it up with me step by step even though I explained to them there was no setup there available. The guy acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. So annoying.

I hate it when they do that.lol.