What's new

Help!

lilybugsmom920

Reaction score
I got my iPhone 4 wet yesterday. I let it sit in a bag of rice for 36 hrs. I plugged it in & it turns on. It only shows that that it's connected, but not charging the battery. It then goes to the iOS 6 configure screen. I slide the button across & it asks me to connect it to iTunes. I try, but it just keeps turning on & off, like it doesn't have enough power to turn on. I never connected it to my iTunes on my laptop. I bought this phone from a friend when she got her iPhone 5 two weeks ago.

Also, only 1 of the 4 moisture indicators where triggered, the other 3 are fine which has me baffled. The only one triggered was the one on the inside above the battery connector.

Oops. I apologize. No insurance as I bought it off a friend. It was dropped in my kitchen sink full of water. It was in an otterbox defender case but it is not waterproof. There was very little moisture when I removed the case and the only moisture I found when I removed the back was minimal, but on the battery and battery connector....

Looks like you'll need to get The battery replaced. If toucan, shove it in a bucket or container of rice to soak up the moisture that might be left, then replace the batter and the connector. You'll probably need a pro or an experience tech to do it unless you have electronics training before

you can replace the bettrey if that not works than you are screwed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your iPhone, I got water in my camera optic on the back of the phone, not sure how much water exactly. I never really experienced any real issue with my phone.

I also put it in a bag of rice for nearly a day and a half as well, but I had the heat of the day on my side. I was on my way to file a claim at my Verizon shop and stopped for lunch (toddler needed to eat) and by the time I got to Verizon, there was no more water present. I picked up the pamphlet and info I needed should I have a problem though.

I know none of this helps you and I am very sorry, I just wanted to put my experience out there. That happened to me back in August and I've not had any trouble at all. I also bought mine used at a flea market.

Okay, again very sorry a d I hope you figure it out.

You could have purchased insurance, even if you bought it off a friend. I got insurance and the device coverage on mine. But I had it on my old Droid, so not sure if that has anything to do with it.