What's new

Help with Viber on iphone 4

kdeerman

Reaction score
I am out of the country, and I am using Viber to communicate with my family. Everytime I send a text, a window pops up telling me to Turn airplane mode Off, or use wifi to to access data. I need to keep airplane mode on to preserve battery life - I have no cellular service. Wifi is on, and my texts are going through, but this message keeps popping up, and I have to click OK to finish my texts. It pops up 2-3 times every time I send a text. It is very annoying. Does anyone have any idea how to stop this?

Thanks

Maybe I don't get it... but if you have no cell service, why stay in Airplane mode, esp if your wi-fi is working correctly? I'm not sure how this would help your battery life. Help.

Ok, Thanks. I have it in airplane mode because I thought the battery would drain a lot faster if the phone continued to look for a signal. I will turn airplane mode off, and see how it performs.
The funny thing is that I have been over here for 6 weeks, and it just started this pop up message yesterday.

Thanks

I am not sure either how airplane mode would be assisting in preserving battery life.

Btw:

G'day and welcome to the FoRuM!!!!! :) :) :)

Thanks guys,

You were correct. I've been using it with Airplane mode off, with no battery issues.

Thanks.