What's new

Viber or Whatsapp question

azoreseuropa

Reaction score
Hi!

I am Portuguese from Portugal but lived in America. I always used Viber on m iphone 6 plus with my friends and relative in Portugal. When I fly to Portugal and I want to keep in touch with my Brother who also have Viber.. Will it charge me ? I want to make sure in the settings to turn off the options somewhere so Verizon wont charged me at all. Sorry about my English.

EDIT: Yes, my iPhone 6 plus is already unlocked.

Use Skype or facetime with good wifi, this is the best

Thanks for the replying. If I knew then I wouldn't asked the question. No, I am talking about texting without a wifi. Those apps are what I am asking.. No wifi and no video chat for me.

If I understand correctly - if you want to text, you have to use WiFi or data (your cellular connection). So, if you don't have access to WiFi and use your phone to [successfully] text, it will use your data plan. And it will most likely be at a higher cost if you use your "home" provider.

I'd think your best bet is to use a local plan. Of course, your phone would have to be unlocked so it can be used on another network. But, that's the only way I see you being able to use data at a cheaper rate.

Marilyn

Yes, I am using to text with my data all the time to my friend in England and a relative in Portugal with Viber. So, it doesn't charged me at all. No, I do not used it with WiFi.. I used it with my unlimited data plans from Verizon all the time. Again, it doesnt charged me at all when I contacted my friend in England and a relative in Portugal. Becasuse they also used Viber as well. Viber to Viber. Does that mean it will not charged me at the same thing if I am going to Portugal and text with my data from Verizon in America to American friend and relative as well ? That's what I am asking for my Viber. Sorry about my English.

Last edited:
If you're in Europe and using your Verizon data, you'll be charged at whatever rate Verizon sets for international roaming. Viber may not charge you, but Verizon certainly will.

I use VIBER for talking to my mom she has 5c I have 6plus it's great!!! [emoji175]
She's in spain
I'm in the USA
It's free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use VIBER for talking to my mom she has 5c I have 6plus it's great!!! [emoji175]
She's in spain
I'm in the USA
It's free

Ask your mom if she use her vibe while on the data without a wifi ? No charge either? Thanks.

You'll have to pay roaming charges when you're using your iPhone without Wi-Fi. If it's the same as in my case, your unlimited data plan will only be effective as long as you're in the USA, where your provider is located.

She has ATT from the USA on a world plan and a lot of data cause it's my brothers plan.
Myself I have Att and 30 gigs plus now w rollover (now lol) but I used it last year w data just talking did not use much data at all. It wasn't like we was streaming a movie.. It's great! We also have Facetimed but she used wifi home and I was on data.

I never once had roaming charges? I don't think she does cause she uses it like its no tomorrow she also uses FB messenger but not voice yet..

I never once had roaming charges? I don't think she does cause she uses it like its no tomorrow she also uses FB messenger but not voice yet..

You didn't pay data or roaming because you were in the US. The OP will not be. Your mother has a paid international data plan. The OP needs to pay for a data plan from the country he will be in or get an international plan. His current domestic unlimited plan does not cover use out of the U.S.

Then I will have to pay sim nano card in Portugal for 2 weeks and use Viber that way, I guess. So when I live in Portugal I can contact my brother through Viber at no charge just like I did here in America to Portugal. I got it. Thanks.

It's been awhile since I've been to Galicia spain I am going next summer I cannot wait [emoji175][emoji175][emoji175][emoji267][emoji267][emoji267][emoji108]