What's new

Help with updating to a higher OS.

Bpoirier7

Reaction score
Im currently running on ios 5.0.1 and i want to upgrade to the latest version i can. My biggest fear is not losing all my music that i paid for after hearing horror stories about updating. What is the process i need to follow? Any help is much appreciated.

Brian

Dont worry. Music will not be remove during updating. If u are afraid it might, backup ur phone using itunes and then update it.

Whats the easiest way to update to a higher os?

Are you on a jailbroken iPhone? since this is the jailbreak subsection. Remember that upgrading will remove your jailbreak.

The easiest way to upgrade an iOS is to use iTunes. Or, you can OTA upgrade using Settings. Music bought off of iTunes will be linked to your account, so all you have to do is load it back in.

Are you on a jailbroken iPhone? since this is the jailbreak subsection. Remember that upgrading will remove your jailbreak.

The easiest way to upgrade an iOS is to use iTunes. Or, you can OTA upgrade using Settings. Music bought off of iTunes will be linked to your account, so all you have to do is load it back in.

Yes my phone is already jailbroken. Thats what i need help with is updating to a higher os and rejailbreaking/keeping the phone jailbroken.

I would only recommend upgrading to 5.1.1 if you still want an untethered jailbreak. 6.0.1 is a tethered jailbreak for pre-A5 and there are no jailbreaks for the A5+ devices yet

You can only upgrade to 5.1.1 if you have the blobs saved. Open up Cydia and on the top of the main screen, see if you have 5.1.1 on the list. If you do, you can upgrade to 5.1.1. Otherwise 6.0.1 is your only option for an upgrade

I would only recommend upgrading to 5.1.1 if you still want an untethered jailbreak. 6.0.1 is a tethered jailbreak for pre-A5 and there are no jailbreaks for the A5+ devices yet

You can only upgrade to 5.1.1 if you have the blobs saved. Open up Cydia and on the top of the main screen, see if you have 5.1.1 on the list. If you do, you can upgrade to 5.1.1. Otherwise 6.0.1 is your only option for an upgrade

Is there a problem with updating to 6 while jailbroken with the intent on not rejailbreaking the phone?

No, but it's just a heads up that you won't be jailbreaking your device for a while until the dev-team releases a new jailbreak for the A5+ devices. If you don't want to rejailbreak, then upgrade to 6.0.1.

No, but it's just a heads up that you won't be jailbreaking your device for a while until the dev-team releases a new jailbreak for the A5+ devices. If you don't want to rejailbreak, then upgrade to 6.0.1.

Thanks man, your a great help.