What's new

Help with unlocking 3gs

waldoe

Reaction score
Ok. I know this question has been asked before, but I cant find a definitive answer. Just want to know what the latest week that iPhone 3gs can accept the iPad baseband? The only week i have had luck with higher than 2011 week 30 is 209 (2012 week 9) refurb. So my gf wants me to unlock her phone, It's a 3gs s/n xx127xx. I have read so many conflicting reports. Some say week 27 and over, others say week 28+ and others say 35+. I really didn't want to open up the phone and check for an EE on the chip. Any help would be much appreciated.

You cannot update an iPhone 3gs to the iPad Baseband if it is past the 35th week of 2011

Sent from my iPhone 4S

The 35th week of 2011 is the cut off... if it was manufactured DURING the 35th week or after it will not accept the iPad BB. Thus damaging the cellular radio beyond repair. So... w/ your xx127xx S/N (27th week of '11) you're good to go.

yeah, I seen that. It's been a while since I have had to JB an iphone 3g/3gs and I noticed that as one of the options. I am going to do it for the gf and my own phone. Be good to have gps fuctionality again. I noticed after flashing the bb, her phone still has GPS function. Also, with the BB downgrade, I imagine it doesn't matter what firmware I'm running?

Just tried to downgrade my iPhone 3g 4.2.1 6.15 baseband with redsn0w 0.9.14b2. Booted up with no service/searching so I figured I would uninstall/reinstall ultrasn0w. Only problem is no wifi, no bluetooth, imei,iccid, and no baseband. Think it fried the radio? I don't know what happened but I guess I will try JB again. If that doesn't work then I'll try and JB using ipad BB again. Hope I didn't just turn my phone into a paperweight.

Couldn't get it to accept the BB downgrade. Same problem every time. I ended up with the Ipad baseband again. I did notice though that whenever it was flashing the baseband, she status bar just flew by (45 seconds to complete). When I did with the iPad BB it took a solid 7 minutes.

Ya the downgrade is supposed to take an equal amount of time, around 7 minutes. Make sure you are specifying a 4.2.1 IPSW, it won't work with auto-detect.

Yeah I am positive I specified the correct firmware. Although I have lots of downloaded firmware, it is possible I used wrong one. I think I might give it another try though. It would be nice not to be shackled by this blasted iPad baseband. Thanks for the tips. I will post my results.

Triple checked that I was using the correct IPSW... Same problem. I have been reading many tuts etc, and still have no clue what the problem is.

OK! Figured it out..... I must not have been using the right IPSW the very first time I tried this. When I triple checked and ran the jailbreak, no dice. I ran the jailbreak a second time and BANG! 05.13.04. Thank you Jmills and all for the advice it was much appreciated.