What's new

Help with my new iphone

shpattt

Reaction score
hey guys,
first of all u are doing a great job in this forum
i have found a lot of important information.

I recently bought an iphone 4. firmware 4.1 locked.
it came from england. i live in the other part of europe.
well anyways, ive tried unlocking it but in my country they keep saying that there is not a code for that firmware yet, and the only way i can use the iphone for now is through gevy sim, turbo sim, and a bunch of others.
i am really confused, since i dont want to mess my iphone up, but on the other hand i want to b able to use it..
i guess what i am asking you guys is :
is there a way to unlock or jailbreak my iphone,
if not
what is ur opinion on those simcards that people use to unlock their phones.
are they safe?
do they work?
if yes which one should i choose..

thank you in advance

where did you buy it from? because the apple store sell them factory unlocked

im not sure, but its not from the apple store i can tell you that...

there is a way to jailbreak all firmwares but unlock is different. settings > general > about and modem firmware what is it?

so there is a way to jailbreak all firmwares?
i didnt know that
how is that done btw
do i have to buy a software or its free for download?

never pay for jailbreak or unlock... BUT since you rely on unlock its not always safe to upgrade because some firmware have upgraded basebands that cant be unlocked so you have to make sure you dont upgrade and let me know what baseband you have please..

tap on settings > general > about and next to modem firmware what does it say?

i dont have the phone on me now..i will post it when i go home
thank you very much for the information so far
i will come back when i have the info

shpattt, theres always a way to jailbreak your iPhone 4. There are simcards that are safe and we also dont know what are the negative effects of using either way. But for you to have more information about this, I suggest you to look through internet about iPhone jailbreaking to solve your problem.

hi all..
is there any way around 4.10.01 already?

i cant jailbreak =(

Of course you can jailbreak, but you might not be able to unlock if your device is lock to a carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys, i just got back home, and i found out that my iphone 4 has 4.1 firmware and 02.10.04 baseband
im not sure what that means, can i unlock it or not, but i hope u guys can help me.
thanks

hey guys, i just got back home, and i found out that my iphone 4 has 4.1 firmware and 02.10.04 baseband
im not sure what that means, can i unlock it or not, but i hope u guys can help me.
thanks

you can jailbreak but not unlock, unless you use Gevey sim

so is gevey sim reliable ? has anyone used it? are there any problems while using it?

I dont know mine is factory unlocked so i never was desperate enough to try it.. but i get mixed feedback from the sim from dont touch it to use it its very good