What's new

help! what ios for 3gs can be openline?

You can connect to Cydia via your wireless service... or do you not want to use data from your wireless provider. And I've already said... w/ your iPhone and what you want to do... you need to connect your phone to a computer w/ iTunes and an internet connection for updating.

You cannot simply connect your iPhone to wireless internet and update it... there's many more steps to it than that.

how can i troubleshoot that error?? it says error 3194 on itunes

The error comes up because you're trying to restore to 5.1.1, which Apple is no longer signing. That's why you need SHSH's for that iOS version on your iPhone. You need to check Cydia's home page and see what iOS versions are listed at the top.

3194 is either an incompatible IPSW or a host error. Edit out any gs.apple.com lines in your host file and delete the host.umbrella if its there. Do NOT over think this. Jailbreaking with Evasi0n is not difficult. Neither is restoring the baseband. I've had several cases in which users overthink the situation and end up messing themselves up when the instructions clearly states to do this or do that

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD