What's new

Help transfering apps

mjw1991

Reaction score
hey everyone, i just recently got a free upgrade from verizon i went from a black 16g 4 to a 4s (due to verizon not having any refurbished 16 4's) i reformated my computer about 3 months ago and when i downloaded itunes i never synced any of my apps to my computer. now everytime try to sync them to my computer it just wants to clear all the ones of my old iphone. is there a way i can back my apps up to put them on my new iphone i have alot of important apps and i can't afford to lose the data i've got saved on them. thank you in advance

When digital content is purchased through iTunes or the Apple App Store, it is linked to the account holder rather than any specific devices or computers. By signing into that account on any computer or any iPhone, previously purchased content can be downloaded again free of charge. Apple allows up to five computers on an account at any one time, and an iPhone can be synchronized with as many of those computers as required.

Launch the "Settings" application on the iPhone and open the "Store" option.

[h=4][/h]

Open the "Store" menu at the top of the iTunes window, and select "Sign In." Enter the email username viewed on the iPhone, followed by the account password. Click the "Sign In" button, and the computer will be signed into the same iTunes account as the iPhone.

Click the "Store" menu again in iTunes, and then select "Authorize This Computer." Enter the account username and password, and the computer will be authorized to share the iTunes account fully.

Connect the iPhone to any of the authorized computers using its USB cable, and click the "Sync" button to backup and synchronize all iTunes content between the computer and the device.