What's new

*HELP*Took iphone 3gs apart to replace battery. Small part left over after reassembly

logicquests

Reaction score
Hi All,

I did search the forums but was unable to find anything that answered my question.

I replaced the battery on my partners Iphone 3gs and a small metal part must have come out without me realising it. I found this part after I had put the phone back together again. Now it charges occasionally and will turns itself off intermittently.

I have attached a couple of photo's of the part. If anyone can assist with identifying the part and also letting me know where it goes I would be very grateful.

Logic

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

Last edited:
I just browsed ifixit.com for you. I have no idea why that is or where it goes. I didn't see that piece on the break down.

Thanks.

I searched everywhere I could including this forum but couldn't find any reference to this "piece".

It looks like a conductor of some sort and obviously is held on by one of the screws that holds the logic board on. I just cant figure out where it actually goes.

if anyone has an old 3gs lying around and has a very boring life. They may enjoy this little puzzle.

Logic

I think that goes on the top of the board and earths on the screen when it pushes down

I think that goes on the top of the board and earths on the screen when it pushes down

That gives me some clues and I appreciate your reply.

I was however hoping for a definitive reply. Telling me exactly where that dreadful little piece of metal should live. A picture would be wonderful if that is not stretching the friendship.

Logic

That part is to hold your camera is place, top right. Need to unscrew the screw again then put that part on first.

Cheers

Have a look at a camera removal video on YouTube, but it can only go on one way

Thanks