What's new

Help to unlock and hactivate Iphone 4 IOS 4.1

anonymous4

Reaction score
My iphone 4 has not been activated. I bought it from the apple store back in the US without a carrier, and brought it to China.

So now I’m figuring out how to unlock it so I can use it here in China. I’ve already jailbroken it with limerain.. but can I unlock it as well? If not, what steps do I need to take to use it in China?

you cant unlock 4.1 yet so you have to wait until after 4.2 official release then use the tool when released shortly after.. days after

Why did they decide to not do an unlock for IOS 4.1?

I read from somewhere that if I jailbreak with greenpoison.. than it's possible to unlock with ultrasnow?

Why did they decide to not do an unlock for IOS 4.1?

I read from somewhere that if I jailbreak with greenpoison.. than it's possible to unlock with ultrasnow?

they dident not decide to do one, there is already a way to unlock 4.1 baseband BUT the devs decided to wait for official 4.2 release because the security hole might work for 4.2 also so they are waiting... sucks but at least 4.2 will be unlocked lol...

people have been able to unlock 4.1 with ultrasn0w because they have upgraded from an earlier firmware keeping the unlockable baseband, even though 4.1 baseband IS unlockable there is no way to do it , no tool has been released to public... so you just have to wait if you rely on unlock unless you dont care about using your phone as a phone, you can jailbreak it but not unlock...

I need to use my iphone as a phone so I'm anxious to unlock it. If IOS 4.2 comes out this month, won't the unlock be out sometime in December? I don't know if I can wait that long

4.2 comes in november and then jailbreak a few days later according to muscleNerd. the reason why there is no unlock for 4.1 released to public is because the dev think the 4.1 hole will work for 4.2.. so if its still there then a few days after official 4.2 release and you will see ultrasn0w working for 4.2 also as well as 4.1 baseband...

lol, someone has been geeking Iphone hacking :) Why do you even bother reading about unlocking when you already have a factory unlocked Iphone? I also want a factory unlocked Iphone :p

lol, someone has been geeking Iphone hacking :) Why do you even bother reading about unlocking when you already have a factory unlocked Iphone? I also want a factory unlocked Iphone :p

well i dident always have a factory unlocked phone so i learnt a lot about it when i used to rely on unlock tools, and now with the iphone 4 its all there on the dev team blog and twitter accounts..

why dont you get one?

"unlock 4.1 with ultrasn0w because they have upgraded from an earlier firmware keeping the unlockable baseband" paliometoxo

So if you have the earlier firmware, than you can unlock? I just checked my iphone and my Version is

4.1 ( 8b117)

and my Modem Firmware is 2.10.04

am I able to unlock using Ultrasnow?

Last edited:
no thats the baseband that ultrasn0w does not unlock, you needed to be one earlier baseband. so you have to wait for after official 4.2 release for ultrasn0w to be updated to work with 4.1 and most likely 4.2