What's new

Help, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Dragon

Reaction score
Asia's Bottom, Saudi Arabia, Al-Qatif, Hay AL-Maje
Hello, i really need help, when i open cydia, you know that it reloads data(that black bar at the top) but mine shows Bad Url when loading,if you look carefully at the photo at the top of it, you could see the error

$image-3826499969.jpg

And then after waiting it shows me this screen

$image-876207.jpg

And previously when i tried opening cydia after trying to delete the bad url in CYDIA.List and apt-get updating it showed me this

$image-628333921.jpg

Please help 0-0;

Attachments

• $image-2039332080.jpg
    $image-2039332080.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 329
The paticular repo you listed isn't responding. Give it a couple of days, or simply remove the repo.

If you wish to keep the repo, but you need into cydia ASAP, remove the repo and re-add it in a few days.

Its best not to delete stuff unless you know exactly what it is, bad data can just be a glitch in the amount of people updating a file at the same time, these things tend to sort themselves out, if however it carries on a short message to the apps creator (linked to the Repo on your device) makes him aware of the problem

Sorry, just seen you got a reply to this, hope you get it sorted

Last edited:
But that always happen!, it took more than one month doing the same!, and dark

darkstar2007 said:
The paticular repo you listed isn't responding. Give it a couple of days, or simply remove the repo.

If you wish to keep the repo, but you need into cydia ASAP, remove the repo and re-add it in a few days.

, its xsellize abd csellize, i deleted them from Cydia.list and then got them from the apt-get update in SSH

And btw of course csellize is only editable in iFile, i got iFile

But that always happen!, it took more than one month doing the same!, and dark, its xsellize abd csellize, i deleted them from Cydia.list and then got them from the apt-get update in SSH

Xsellize is a repo with cracked data. It's not a very reliable repo, and will not be discussed here. My advice is to remove the repo altogether and enjoy the stock repos that work 99.9% of the time.

darkstar2007 said:
Xsellize is a repo with cracked data. It's not a very reliable repo, and will not be discussed here. My advice is to remove the repo altogether and enjoy the stock repos that work 99.9% of the time.

So you suggest me to simply remove xsellize repo?, if so then i have many tweaks installed with xsellize, what can i do with them?

So you suggest me to simply remove xsellize repo?, if so then i have many tweaks installed with xsellize, what can i do with them?

Yes. Remove it and come back on this thread and tell me if cydia will load. I'm 100% sure it will.

Last edited:
darkstar2007 said:
They'll remain on your device.

I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!, so i went to cydia to delete xsellize, but i noticed a new repo called CYDIA.CSELLIZE.COM!!!, so i deleted it, killed cydia( close cydia from the multitask bar) to see if it works, AND IT WORKED!!!, and if the problem occurs again i will delete the whole xsellize, THANK YOU DARK!!, WHAT CAN I DO TO THANK YOU ENOUGH?, YOU saved my iPod's life!!

darkstar2007 said:
Your welcome!

Glad I could be assistance. :D

Okay, sorry, another problem started, thank you for helping with the xsellize, but now i have a problem with repo666.ultrasn0w.com, when reloading it showed some errors, so i removed ultrasn0w repo and reverified it, it showed the same errors on the verifying, look at that photo while the errors appeared

View attachment 7192

Please help me again, sorry i feel now that im throwing all the problems on you but i really need help now

Edit :) : here is a photo of the reloading with the problem, though i think it has been fixed...i think

$image-210590534.jpg

Attachments

• $image-4019300687.jpg
    $image-4019300687.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should stop playing with crap. Repos that are not in cydia initially could be quite dangerous if you have not heard of them from a reliable source.

A particular repo could be a storefront for the Russian mafia for example. Download anything from there and you install a key logger that sends them everything you type.

Beginners go wild with downloading things but when you jailbreak you are no longer protected from yourself.

zphone said:
You guys should stop playing with crap. Repos that are not in cydia initially could be quite dangerous if you have not heard of them from a reliable source.

A particular repo could be a storefront for the Russian mafia for example. Download anything from there and you install a key logger that sends them everything you type.

Beginners go wild with downloading things but when you jailbreak you are no longer protected from yourself.

LOL. .........

That is not true. The "you are no longer protected after you jailbreak". It's just not true at all. in fact you can make your device MORE SECURE then ever after jailbreaking provided you know what your doing.

Installing OpenSSH (a very pointless package) without changing the root and mobile passwords....that can potentially lead to invasions....even tho there is a 99.9% chance that that will not happen.

FYI:

The mafia has no interest in a jailbreakers information.

Basically everything you said is over thought paranoia.lol.

Zig, everything I said is true.
You are not protected from yourself.
You can download apps that contain malicious code that unlike when not jailbroken would be sandboxed, when jailbroken that code could have access to ALL data on your phone.
You can delete or modify files you could not if not jailbroken.

While you can make your device somewhat more secure by installing a firewall and being really careful with what you install there are real dangers that you would have to be a fool to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.