What's new

Help please :)

KeithO

Reaction score
HI Guys,
I need some help please! Im giving my iphone 3g to my sister so i erased all content and settings and wanted to get the phone in its factory state, so did the above and while it was resetting the battery died!

Now when i turn the phone on the apple logo comes up and the circle in the middle of the screen (as if its loading) But now what happens is it jus freezes.
Cant reset in itunes cause the phone will not turn on, neither power button will work to turn it off so i have to force restart (hold power and home button for 10 seconds). every time i turn it on the same keeps happening.

Is there other way of fixing this? even turning the phone on or resetting it any other way? Any help will be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks KeithO

if you upgraded to 4.2.1 i think that would of been a mistake, i would download firmware 3.1.3 and install that via itunes, it will have less features and none that come with ios4 of course but at least it will work much better, and hopefully fix the issue you have been having

Hold home button, plug up into itunes, still hold ing home button till it rcognizes in itunes, restore to 3.1.3

HI Guys,
I need some help please! Im giving my iphone 3g to my sister so i erased all content and settings and wanted to get the phone in its factory state, so did the above and while it was resetting the battery died!

Now when i turn the phone on the apple logo comes up and the circle in the middle of the screen (as if its loading) But now what happens is it jus freezes.
Cant reset in itunes cause the phone will not turn on, neither power button will work to turn it off so i have to force restart (hold power and home button for 10 seconds). every time i turn it on the same keeps happening.

Is there other way of fixing this? even turning the phone on or resetting it any other way? Any help will be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks KeithO

You will have to put the phone in recovery mode or in DFU mode for iTunes to recognize it and restore the iOS in it. To put the phone in recovery mode, push down both the power and home button until you see the iTunes and USB cable logo on the phone, the device will off on and off on several times in the proccess and it will take you about 15 to 20s; don't release the buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. Once the that iTunes and USB logo appear on the screen, just connect the device to your computer and fireup iTunes and it will detect the phone and then you can manually restore the iOS 3.1.3 in the phone.