What's new

help jailbreak from 4.0.2 can i upgrade to 4.3.3 help noooob

mondeosttdci

Reaction score
hi guys was wanting to jailbreak using jailbreakme. but i am on 4.0.2 iphone4, and need to be on 4.0.1 so i tried a method of restoring through du mode to 4.0.1 but i got an error message like 3174 tried everything to fix it even using a 3174 fix. is there any way i can manually upgrade to 4.3.3 as jailbreak me supports this? as i cant do it through i tunes as it just tries to get me onto the nexewest ios 4.3.5 i think. helpppp
cheers guys

Do you have your 4.3.3 SHSH saved? The reason you got the error when restoring 4.0.1 is that Apple isn't signing 4.0.1 firmware anymore. You cannot downgrade your firmware without having the SHSH(signed file) to trick iTunes into thinking that the firmware is still being signed.

If you were jailbroken before and you clicked the "make my life easier" button and opened Cydia at any point during the time that 4.3.3 was being signed, chances are that your SHSH is saved on Saurik's server.

If you have the SHSH you can restore a 4.3.3 firmware file by using TinyUmbrella TSS server and doing a Shift+restore in iTunes.

I am currently on 4.0.2. But tried restoring to 4.0.1 after reading online i had never been on 4.0.1 that i know ofd i downloaded it. I was tginking upgrading to 4.3.3 may have been easier if there was a wAy? Basically its not. Jailbroken im not sure bout the shhs blogs thing. Just need the easiest way to jailbreak when im currently on 4.0.2 please help

Thanks for ur comments aswell

If you tried restoring 4.0.1 you probably ruined your chances of getting back to 4.0.2 unless you have your 4.0.2 SHSH saved. If you are able to get back on 4.0.2 you can use Redsn0w to jailbreak it.

I'm in the same boat. I have 3gs ios 4.0.2 and want to upgrade to 4.3.3 so I can jailbreak. I used TinyUmbrella to save SHSHs recently but the only ones I have are 4.1, 4.3.5 and 5.something.

Am I out of luck for the Jailbreak?

I came across redmondpie.com/jailbreak-4.2.8-verizon-iphone-4-untethered-and-ios-4.3.3-with-sn0wbreeze-2.7-tutorial/ but can't figure out if this work for me if the iphone is on 4.0.2?

That tutorial is for 4.2.8/4.3.3 so no it will not work on 4.0.2

Since you don't have your 4.3.3 SHSH saved you cannot upgrade to 4.3.3. However, since you do have your 4.1 SHSH you can upgrade to 4.1 and then use limera1n to jailbreak.