What's new

Help - iTunes and/or Notes

redixe

Reaction score
Trying to help a friend out, I do not own mac stuff but he just got his macbook and I got the ipad 2 to sync up with itunes just fine. When I connected the iphone it is telling me that it has been sync'd with an ios device already and tells me to restore from the ipads backup?

The big concern, he has 100+ notes on his iphone and I need them all backed up. Not sure if it's an 3g or 4 but it's running 4.3.x iOS. I would like to have the notes sync with the notes app on the macbook but from what I have read that probably won't work. I can't bulk email the notes. What is the quickest way to get all these notes saved to the macbook? Pref with read/write capabilities.

Thank you!
RedX

Edit: Updated the itunes and saw that there were supposed to be radio buttons next to the "Setup new iPhone" and "Restore from Backup - iPad". So got the phone backed up. Managed to extract the notes from the backup directory (sqlite file) now just need to figure how to import these into the notes app on the macbook. I guess is solved unless there is a better solution.

Last edited: