What's new

help! iphone unable to start

ericnhw

Reaction score
so i have drained my iphone 4 battery... after reaching home i plugged in the usb to my computer and start charging it. it promptly show a battery icon charging.. and after a while it goes to an Apple Icon page.. I cant seemed to on it.. according to my friend I need to unlocked the iphone again thru the jailbreak program i used.. but i am using jailbreakme.com which downloads and install directly from the device itself..
HOW do I address this problem...? battery is charged?

so it is not because i jailbreak an iphone 4 i cant access the phone? it oni shows an APple Icon... and been charging for almost an hour now..

for an hour? thats a bit long to not be able to turn it on. usually its just for the first 5 maximum minutes..

what i would do is unplug it and try turn it on, then hold power and home button for about 10 seconds do a hard reset see if that does the trick

tried that.. but doesnt work...that's why i am buying the idea that after jailbreakme my iphone will be locked or wat not.. this is my 1st Mac Apple Product. so i do not know any basic concept it uses.. like unable to on the phone for hours after draining it... it's still red ...

still red? are you sure its charging properly? sounds to me its not if its still in the red

hmm at 1st i tried using the usb cable to computer.. then now i using the head to charge it.. and yes it's still red.. i also wonder if i am charging it correctly.. all is well connected.. i hate the fact that there are two possibilities.. i cannot trouble shoot it properly... still red...

when you put it into dfu mode itunes will detect it but only give you the option to restore nothing else

yes it shows charging with the lightning sign under the battery... after that it jz shows apple icon ...

DFU mode is your last resort. If you send it to apple I would bet they would be able to boot it up. But your warranty will be voided when they see it's jailbroken. Did you follow the video guide? Sounds like your missing a step somewhere?

thanks.. i have finally able to restore it... i think must be the jailbreak problem.. coz after i able to go into DFU mode.. n iTunes was finally able to detect it.. i went thru hell in resetting it n also activating my sim card... now in the process of sync it wit the iTunes.. how can i ever thank you guys? THANK YOU!!! been a great help.. bless u all...
the battery indication now is 1/4 rather than jz less than that...

thanks.. i have finally able to restore it... i think must be the jailbreak problem.. coz after i able to go into DFU mode.. n iTunes was finally able to detect it.. i went thru hell in resetting it n also activating my sim card... now in the process of sync it wit the iTunes.. how can i ever thank you guys? THANK YOU!!! been a great help.. bless u all...
the battery indication now is 1/4 rather than jz less than that...

yes danny did mention that in his post, the link has instructions, but i thought you did not want to restore since you had files you needed. otherwise i would of said to put in dfu mode like danny did :) but good thing you got it sorted out now

Hi I am facing the same problem pls help me i am in deep *BLEEP* as i have only this phone pls pls pls help me

*No foul language please.

Last edited by a moderator: