What's new

Help?!? iO7 freezing my phone, apps crashing, phone crashing.

cirome

Reaction score
Hi, I just signed up this forum because of this issue I am having with the iO7 and i can't find help anywhere else on the net. The most common problem I see people complaining about their iO7 is that it's causing them to feel sick from the animation on the screen. HA! I wish that was my problem with the iO7.

First my iPhone specs: I have an iPhone 4S, 16GB and currently using iO7.0.2

The problem first started within a couple of days after installing the new iO7 onto my iphone. The first thing I noticed was that some of the apps would not load upon opening. I would see only a white screen. The apps I had the problems with was "Maps" (not google Maps) and "Mail". After a minute of the white screen, and failing to load any data, the app would crash and return me to the main screen. I tried to manually switch off the phone, by holding the top button for several seconds and I then noticed that I could no longer switch off the phone and do a cold reboot.

Later that day, my iPhone froze at the home page, and I was unable to do anything: unable to slide to unlock, unable to even get the screen to turn off. I was outside at the time, and I had to wait until I got home, where I was able to restore the phone via iTunes. That fixed my problem and I could use my phone again.

The next day there was an update to the iO7, and I downloaded it, hoping that it would fix some of the bugs I had the day before. I thought it worked, but my phone has since frozen again twice more. And I now discovered, that I can no longer restore the iPhone through iTunes, because I must switch off "Find my iPhone" on the iPhone settings (Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone). Which I cannot access when the iPhone has frozen at the home page. Eventually, I was able to to do a hard reset by simultaneously pushing the home key and the button at the top of the iPhone. This seems to be the only way I can fix my phone whenever it freezes, and I also have now turned off the "Find My iPhone" in settings incase I need to restore again if the hard reset isn't working.

Once the iPhone has been resetted/restored, the issue seems to be resolved for a day or two. I am also no longer receiving notifications whenever I receive messages through apps like LINE and Whats App. This issue is becoming annoying and quite inconvenient.

Is there anyone else having the same issues?

In summary, here is the list of issues I am having with the iO7.0.2:
  • iPhone freezes to home screen and and does not respond to any finger swipes or pushing buttons
  • Some of the Apps tend to crash (it mostly happens to my Mail App and the default Apple Maps App)
  • Cannot manually switch off the iPhone anymore (I can do after the phone has been restored or has been reset... but when the iPhone begins to act up again, I can't switch off anymore)
  • Cannot restore iPhone when it has problems, until I turn off "Find My iPhone" on the iPhone's settings (which is impossible to do when the phone is frozen)
  • I no longer receive notifications from messenger apps
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to post as many details as possible. Thank you to everyone who can help me with this matter.
Sven

P.S. I should also add that I have an iPad 2 that is also using the iO7.0.2, but I do not have any problems at all on this device.

Last edited:
Hi! Sorry I'm not going to respond to every issue you're having here But try the true reboot. Hold the power button and te home button down until the apple logo appears and then release. This will oftentimes fix bugs. Holding the power button down will only turn off the phone. It's not a "reboot".

OK thanks for your response, I should clarify that I did try to turn off the phone by holding down the power button - and this is the function that doesn't work anymore as the red "slide to power off" option no longer appears.

Yesterday, I did try the true reboot as you described (holding both power button and home button). I did try to explain that before in my original post, but I couldn't think of the proper names of the buttons, but I know now after seeing your message. This does fix the problem, but only temporarily. I don't want to have to reboot my phone every day as it seems to be becoming a daily issue now.

So far, my phone has frozen 3 times. The first time last week (shortly after the iO7 was installed on my phone - but before iO7.0.2), happened again yesterday (when I discovered that I can no longer restore my iPhone thru iTunes) and again this morning.