What's new

Help! I cant restore my iphone!

hnzt2003

Reaction score
I tried to JB my iphone 4 ios 4.1 using limera1n and it bricked. I tried to do a restore using itunes and after downloading ios 4.2, while preparing to restore it prompted me "The iphone could not be restored.An unknown error occurred (1601)" the phone showed a white screen.

Reinstalled itunes but still same problem. What should I do now?! Can someone pls help?!

Hi DannyBoy thanks for the suggestion but that is exactly what I did. and after those steps itunes will start to download ios 4.2 and proceed to restore. Then the error "The iphone could not be restored.An unknown error occurred (1601)" will pop up, at the same time my iphone screen will lit up white. I tried it on a different com still got the same result.

What could be the prob? Do I have to go back to apple to restore it? Will they know I tried to JB?

Hi DannyBoy thanks for the suggestion but that is exactly what I did. and after those steps itunes will start to download ios 4.2 and proceed to restore. Then the error "The iphone could not be restored.An unknown error occurred (1601)" will pop up, at the same time my iphone screen will lit up white. I tried it on a different com still got the same result.

What could be the prob? Do I have to go back to apple to restore it? Will they know I tried to JB?

What do you see on the screen now when you turn it on?

I will guide you, I had the exact same problem- cause Uknown

Managed to restore back my phone by restoring on my friend's itunes. Must be something wrong with my itunes, even though i have reinstalled it :(

Anyways appreciate your help guys!

Managed to restore back my phone by restoring on my friend's itunes. Must be something wrong with my itunes, even though i have reinstalled it :(

Anyways appreciate your help guys!

yes, I had this issue too, so what I did is I created a new USER and then I installed itunes there and it worked.