What's new

Iphone not restoring

hello

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 4 that is unlocked and jailbroken. Recently my iphone crashed which caused it to get bricked(i think). I can't turn it on and when i connect it to my computer it shows the connect to itunes sign. When its connected itunes tells me that there is an iphone that need to be restored and if i want to restore it, after clicking restore, it says it extracts the software, then says preparing to restore (at the top of itunes). Right when it says preparing to restore my iphone disconnects from the computer and keeps on turning off and on. eventually itunes tells me that there is an error 1611.

I have tried changing cables but that hasnt worked for me, is there any other solutions?+

mabey a jailbreak error you would have got more help in the jailbreak section though what did u use to jailbreak

put your iPhone in DFU mode and restore it
how do i put it to DFU mode? i cant turn my iphone on and when i plug it into the computer i shows a plug into itunes sign.

how do i put it to DFU mode? i cant turn my iphone on and when i plug it into the computer i shows a plug into itunes sign.
Home and Power button together for like 10 seconds. So, let’s get to booting your iPhone 4 in DFU mode.
  1. Make sure that the USB cable is plugged into the iPhone 4S and iTunes is running. (The only reason we have iTunes running is that, once the device boots into DFU, iTunes will prompt you with a dialogue box.)
  2. Now, turn the device off by holding the power button till Slide to Power Off appears on screen. (If you plugged in the cable after turning the device off, it will turn on again.)
  3. With your device off. press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Without releasing the Power button, press the Home button and keep both the buttons pressed for 10 more seconds.
  5. Release the Power button, but keep the Home button pressed for another 10 seconds.
  6. The device should kick into DFU mode in around the 7th or 8th second, and iTunes will display a prompt as seen below in the screenshot.
Capture.jpg

The black and totally blank screen on your iPhone is totally normal; there is no need to be alarmed. Click ok and follow iTunes on screen instruction to restore your iPhone.