What's new

Hello - new member, but having problems with iPhone 4

Westie

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4 its fully charged and it suddenly switches itself off - my son have done a 'factory reset' but it has just happened again. When I switch the phone back on the apple logo stays on for quite sometime before it allows me to use the phone again. Any help would be much appreciated

I have an Iphone 4 its fully charged and it suddenly switches itself off - my son have done a 'factory reset' but it has just happened again. When I switch the phone back on the apple logo stays on for quite sometime before it allows me to use the phone again. Any help would be much appreciated
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

Is anybody able to help me please

When you said that your son performed a factory reset... did he do so ON the iPhone... or did he connect it to iTunes and restore it from there?

He done a 'factory reset' on iTunes. Thanks very much for replying any help would be much appreciated

If he restored it as a new device I'm not sure I have the slightest idea what's wrong ... but I would certainly think a replacement would be warranted in your case. I haven't had any issues with my iPhone but I had TONS of issues with my Androids and I know how frustrating it is! Good luck.

He restored it from a 'previous backup' NOT 'New Device'.

I would suggest a restore with iTunes as a "New Device" then see if your still having issues.....if problems still persist you may be looking at a physical fault with the iPhone....poor battery, water damage..?, etc etc.

He restored it from a 'previous backup' NOT 'New Device'.
As Bula suggested above.... restore it via iTunes as a "New Device." We like to call it "House Cleaning around here... when you restore as a New Device. Simply put... restoring from a backup will bring back the little issues that are causing your iPhone to act the way it is.

Thank you for your help and advice. I have now done a restore with iTunes as a 'New Device' and it is still switching itself off. Some months ago my son replaced the battery, don't know if this could be the problem!!!!! It doesn't seem to switch itself when the phone is being charged (switched into a power socket).

Why did he change the battery?Did the same problem exist before the battery change?If not then the battery is caput.