What's new

New Member - At Witts End!!

Becca

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum, and in need of some serious help before my iPhone ends up being thrown against a wall :mad:

Basically, I purchased the iPhone 4 about a month ago.... Usually I would be straight in with the jailbreak, but as I messed about so much when I had the 3g, I wanted to keep this one as clean as possible.....

Been using it as normal, texts, calls, internet, apps, the usual, all in the legit way, no faffing or software alterations..

The problem with the phone, is that it keeps resetting itself.... Its done it 5 or 6 times now in the space of a month. It does it completely at random - It Freezes, goes to a black screen with a turn dial, as if its respringing. It then reboots itself, and wipes everything from my phone. When it turns back on, I get greeted with the apple boot logo, and then goes to the 'connect to itunes' screen with the itunes logo and white usb cable.

What i have in my hands is a brand new clean phone. It deletes everything. contacts, photos, messages, and as you are all aware, you cannot use the phone until you plug it into itunes, to set it up.

This is really really frustrating, especially when it does it when im 60 miles from my laptop. As i said its done this 5 or 6 times now in the past month.

I bought the phone from the company Three. Brand new, sealed box.

Im guessing theres something wrong with the hardware/software in the phone itself, Any ideas what it is exactly thats making the phone do this?

I cant afford to do a service thing through the apple website, as im sure you know, it costs a bomb...... The nearest apple store from me is 20 mile away and i do not drive.

I have gone into my local Three shop, and they say they cannot do anything, and advised me to go straight to apple...

Blahhhhhhhh how annoying!! Really need this sorting out now, if i can do it without going all the way to the apple store, just for them to take it off me for a month to repair, I would be grateful for any help!!

Thanks in advanced. :)

Hi Becca. First, don't throw the iPhone against the wall!! Send it to me instead!

Anyway, assuming you've already done a "hard reset" on the iPhone (use Google for instructions) I would find some way to get to the Apple Store and get them to fix it! Many of us are hundreds of miles from Apple Stores, and I'd give my left ear lobe to be within 20 miles of one! I truly believe this is the only way to resolve your problem. It sounds as if you are within your Apple warranty period......... Get back with us when this is resolved.