What's new

Hello from an oldie!

vianalky

Reaction score
Hello, March (was 2007) i took an early retirement package after 30 years gallivanting around the world working for Lucas Aerospace, now Goodrich, but still the same Lucas, except the now Political Correctness!
Born 1950 Primary School education failed 8+, Secondary Modern failed 11+ then onto "collage". Enjoyed the outward bound side of school trips to North Wales, Lake District and Scotland, more that the academic side of the pen and quill.
Employment took me to Rolls Royce BUT soon decided that the village and holidays to Skeggy just didn't gel. So into the Queens Service, Royal Navy, Fleet Air Arm as Aircraft Electrician, during those 10 years managed to further my pursuit into the Mountains as Instructor for Joint Service Mountaineering School in Scotland. Also during this period got married and a mortgage.
Left the services and joined Lucas as Electrical maintenance engineer and 10 years later became a service engineer working with Electronic Engine Controls (EEC's, FAFC & FADEC's). RR211 235's, 524's & Trent engines on Boeing 757's, 747 400's, 767, 777 and Airbus A330's. Well after 12 years returned to in house Maintenance working on the LRU's and Test Equipment both Hardware and Software for Lucas Aero who acquired Smith Industries, anyway enough was enough so after a misunderstanding parted from Employment and took the early retirement path.
Now spend my time doing voluntary work at the National Memorial Arboretum a few days a month and trying to catch up with those things i wanted to do before, covering incidental spend with a day a week at SMH doing the books. Also i'm the Standard Bearer for the Fleet Air Arm Birmingham Branch.
Now in April 2010 i was appointed to the National Standard Bearer for the Association.
Married to Vicky since 1971, two children, who have grown up and left the nest. James is married to Fiona and has produced our second grandchild, Libby the first one is Hannah Clare, Jessica single now with a fiancé Simon, sorting out a date in 2011, date on paper, now the remainder to complete and yes both (Very) heavy into Scouting.

2010, at AGM made National Standard Bearer (following an enquiry into duties Etc.!!)
Now volunteering on Thursdays as Host (summer only?) at the NMA.

Vianalky, come fro the joining of the wives name and mine Vicky & Alan! But don't try to use on Lego site as gets rejected (take away the first 2 and last 2 letters!).

Masonic.
Initiated into Nautical Services Lodge No 5629 January 1979 by Father in Law, it "was" a closed Lodge to RN, RM or others served under the Royal Naval Ensign
Passed December 1980
Raised Feb 1981
Did every office up to Master and in September 1987
Master Sept 1987
Have been a member of
Arter Chapter 2654
Corinthian Lodge of Amoy (HKG)
Sharmeen Lodge of MMM (HKG)
Stechford Lodge of MMM
Stechford Lodge of RAM
Merston Culy RCC 883
Saint Alpherage RCC Solihull
North Worcestershire Craft Lodge 8180
Now just a member of
Internet Lodge No. 9659 IG
&
Athol Lodge No. 74 Secretary
Provincial Honours, Appointed P.P.A.D.C. ?
Promoted to P.P.G.Supt.Wks.
Worcestershire.
My spare time is taken up with Freemasonry, Garden, Photography and computing.
Is this enough to introduce myself?

O and may be more importantly?
I'm an Apple Mac user with PC experience (20+ years)!!

hello vianalky and welcome to the forum! it sure sounds like you have had one hell of a good career and an interesting one, there is nothing like traveling and enjoying the finer things life like the rolls royce.

and you use apple and windows. best of both worlds.. good to have you on the forum

Welcome,

Certainly seems like you've had a interesting life. Hopefully these forums will keep it hat way... ;)