What's new

Hello and question on wireless 5.0GHZ

2iphones

Reaction score
Hi to all: Just joined the forum, and I recently (2 days ago) got an iPhone4 and the iPad2 for my wife. I have a question regarding 5GHZ wireless connection. This AM installed a new Netgear with 2.4/5.0. Both the iPhone4 and the iPad2 automatically picked up the 2.4GHZ, and after I manually entered it, the iPad2 also picked up the 5.0GHZ signal. However, the iPhone does not recognize the 5.0GHZ signal even if I enter it manually. What I'm I doing wrong. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

bab2010

Reaction score
Does it find the network signal automatically? Try to go settings> general> reset> reset all settings.

OP

2iphones

Reaction score
Yeap... you are right, it does not support 5GHZ yukkk! At least my wife is happy with the 5GHZ and her new iPad 2 .... it works very well for her and it is fast. Thank you for the info.

EWyatt

Reaction score
Both the iPhone4 and the iPad2 automatically picked up the 2.4GHZ, and after I manually entered it, the iPad2 also picked up the 5.0GHZ signal..

Yes, the 2.4 GHz works well, but I'm curious: what are the advantages of the 5 GHz spectrum over the 2.4, if any? Sorry if this is beyond your expertise, but I'm just wondering.....

Latest posts