What's new

headphones microphone issue

johnzor

Reaction score
hello all, i have tried searching to see if there are any threads regarding this issue but I couldn't find anything but I do apologize in advance if i did miss anything.

For some reason, whenever i plug in my headphones, people cant seem to hear me. Im not sure if i am missing anything since i am still new with apple. By the way, the sounds work perfectly. The only issue is the mic on the earphones..

I have tried googling but the only thing i have seen are actual issues such as dust or something inside the headphone jack. Again i do apologize if i am in the wrong thread or missed a specific thread for this. Thank you all in advance.

Have you tried another set of headphones in case it's the microphone in your headphones that's not working?

Unfortunately, it is my only headphones.. I just thought theres something in the settings that i needed to set up.. Sorry im still a bit new to iphones hehe..

Before looking for a fault in the iPhone, you want to eliminate the headphones as the cause of the problem. That's why I suggested testing with another set of headphones. All you need is the use of another set of headphones for long enough to test. The Genius Bar at an Apple Store us a good place to go. If another set of headphones works properly, they can run a diagnostic to discover exactly what the problem is.

Okay, I will definitely check that out. Thank you so much for the advice :)

Let us know how your headphone test works out.
Looks like I will have to replace the earphones for it. Good thing it hasn't been 14 days so I can just go to a tmobile store to exchange them :)

Looks like I will have to replace the earphones for it. Good thing it hasn't been 14 days so I can just go to a tmobile store to exchange them :)
That makes it easy. The standard warranty would also apply if it had been over 14 days since you bought the iPhone. Thanks for letting us know.