What's new

Distortion with headphones 3GS

xanadu2112

Reaction score
I have a 3GS and when I put a pair of headphones into my iPhone one side of the headphones is distorted. I've tried other headphones as well and it does the same thing on the right side. A week ago I was running sound for a band and during the bands break I would use my iPhone to play music through the PA. I connected the 1/8" jack to RCA plug to an XLR plug into one of the channels of the mixer. When it was connected, the phone shut off and then stayed in the Apple startup logo screen and would not go away until I restarted my iPhone. I've connected iPods to PA sound boards before and never had an issue. Hope I didn't fry a channel. Don't know how that could have happened in the first place. Please help. Thanks.

hard reset the iPhone: hold down home button and power button at the same time until the screen turn off and on with the apple logo then you let go both keys. If that doesn't solve the troubles, then go to settings> general> reset> reset all settings/ (notice that you will have to setup your network settings and other settings as well after that). if that doesn't work still then take it to Apple store.

hard reset the iPhone: hold down home button and power button at the same time until the screen turn off and on with the apple logo then you let go both keys. If that doesn't solve the troubles, then go to settings> general> reset> reset all settings/ (notice that you will have to setup your network settings and other settings as well after that). if that doesn't work still then take it to Apple store.

Thanks, but it didn't work. Do I have to go to an Apple store or can I go to AT&T?