What's new

Has it been definitively proved Gorilla Glass is on the 4 and 4S?

Rocko

Reaction score
I know the Jobs autobiography talks about the older iPhones using Gorilla Glass, but what about current phones?

I think they switched to their own glass. Scratch-resistant

Why make the phone of glass instead of metal?

Glass is cheaper than the metal, more over if the glass hit a concrete it won't get up, you need to keep on using your phone after the hit so you will spend some extra $ at the Apple Store; but if a meta hit a concrete, it will get up and ask you to do that again :)
Business

Glass is cheaper than the metal, more over if the glass hit a concrete it won't get up, you need to keep on using your phone after the hit so you will spend some extra $ at the Apple Store; but if a meta hit a concrete, it will get up and ask you to do that again :)
Business

Lol@ do it again

iHolophyte

Dont know whats on them now but I know on the 4s I had a itty bitty piece of salt from a fry was stuck on my finger when I swiped the screen and I could feel it scratch. Sure enough it had a nasty gash. Since switching carriers and getting a 4 I immediately put a screen protector on it.

wingzfan61 said:
Dont know whats on them now but I know on the 4s I had a itty bitty piece of salt from a fry was stuck on my finger when I swiped the screen and I could feel it scratch. Sure enough it had a nasty gash. Since switching carriers and getting a 4 I immediately put a screen protector on it.

It won't really help in that case.

Not sure all I know they are very scratch resistant from what I've seen haven't had a scratch yet not screen protector since I got it and got it a couple days after release. The 4s I mean.

Yeah, it prob. scratched the oleophobic coating. I am leaning towards it not being GG.