What's new

Hardware of Software?

vernod

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had some problems with my iPhone 5 over the last few months (its only 8 months old). I can't hear the person I am calling (or who is calling me), but they can hear me. This happens on/off throughout the day and the only way I can continue the call is to use the speaker phone.

I tried resetting, restoring, etc. and no luck. I changed the ear piece speaker at a mobile repair shop, and this only worked for 12 hours and then back to the same problem. I bought the phone in the US but now live abroad, so my warranty is only applicable in the US (why Apple, why?!?). So I had it sent back to the US (with someone who was travelling there) and the person at the Genius Bar replaced the ear piece speaker again (he refused to swap out the phone). Got the phone back, and guess what - still have the same problem!!!

Is this a hardware issue or software? Would going back to an earlier iOS help? Or is it just a lemon and time to throw it away - I mean what good is a phone that doesn't work as a phone!?

Thx.

Had the same issue with a day old one. Apple store tried to change a module, worked for less than a day. VERIZON did a swap out for me. I do have apple care+ but could not get an appointment with them for almost a week. A sad state of affairs...RI is a small state, but with only ONE apple store close by it sometimes sucks. Would try with carrier or apple for a swap out. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Definitely take it to your local Apple store if you can.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner