What's new

Group iMessage Contacts

perrysrc

Reaction score
Hi

iPhone 7 running IOS 13.2

When i go to send a new iMessage to a user and start typing their name the option comes up for the user as well as all the old groups they were in, some from years ago.

How do I delete these old user groups so I only have individuals showing when i start a new message.

Thanks

Perry

They are not created groups in iCloud, they are group messages with 4 or 5 users that was in a group message months ago, I have numerous ones come up from 2 users to 10 from past groups on iMessage, I just want to be able to delete the old groups and i compile a new message and type a name that user will come up by themselves not all the groups they have been in.

Slide the group messages to the left, then delete them.
BB5F21DF-792E-4DBE-9C06-E9878D8EEE7E.jpeg

you cannot slide to delete them

Last edited:
This is the screen with all the old groups that you cannot delete?

Attachments

• IMG_3186.png
    IMG_3186.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 555
Your screenshot shows those groups when you start a new message. Mine is different. Without writing a new message, scroll through your list of messages and delete the groups you don‘t need any more.

I have no messages i delete them every day but the groups still show when i start a new message.

Go to your settings - Siri & Search, scroll down to Messages and try disabling “Learn from this App”, and/or “Show Siri Suggestions in App”. If both don’t help, turn off “Show in Search”.