What's new

Greenpoison The How To.........

DannyBoy

Reaction score
So now that you’ve finally got your hands on the greenpois0n jailbreak for iPhone / iTouch iOS 4.1, you’re probably wondering how to use it safely, right?

This tutorial / guide for greenpois0n is meant for iPhone 3GS / iPhone 4, but in reality should apply to the iTouch (and iPad) as well.
#1 – First of all, take an SHSH files save using TinyUmbrella (Google it!). That could be useful for keeping the jailbreak working in the future.
#2 – Upgrade to iOS 4.1 (exactly 4.1, nothing else will do!)
#3 – Turn off your device and connect it to your computer.
#4 – Download greenpois0n.
#5 – Run greenpois0n.
#6 – Enter your device into DFU mode following the instructions on screen.
#7 – Click on “Jailbreak”
#8 – Be patient as greenpois0n works – this could take up to 5 minutes…
#9 – All done, you’ve got jailbreak!
#10 – Now if you want to install Cydia: start the newly created Loader.app and select to install Cydia from there.
IMPORTANT NOTE – DO NOT USE GREENPOIS0N IF YOU USE ULTRASN0W TO UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE THAT’S VERY IMPORTANT AS INSTALLING GREENPOIS0N MIGHT BAR ULTRASN0W FROM EVER OPERATING!

Need to know???
Keep limera1n or switch to greenposion
Witch one is better or they the same thing
Thanks

Need to know???
Keep limera1n or switch to greenposion
Witch one is better or they the same thing
Thanks

If limera1n is working fine, there's no reason to switch to greenpois0n.

Hi,

i have iP4 with firmware 4.1 and baseband 2.10.04. Can i use greenpois0n to jailbreak? pls help, thank you.

Regards,
kw

Yes you can !!!

You can jailbreak your ip4 with greenpoison or limera1n!!!

The only thing that you will not be capable of doing is unlocking your phone!

Last edited:
Question? can i unlock my iphone 4 firmware 4.1 FW 1.59.00 after jailbreaking with Limera1n.

danny, thanks for the prompt reply... =)

just another noob question, how can i restore to factory setting just in case i want to claim warranty from service provider/apple ? by using iTune restore function will do?

regards,
Kw

danny, thanks for the prompt reply... =)

just another noob question, how can i restore to factory setting just in case i want to claim warranty from service provider/apple ? by using iTune restore function will do?

regards,
Kw
yes, you can restore by using itune

Question? can i unlock my iphone 4 firmware 4.1 FW 1.59.00 after jailbreaking with Limera1n.

Yes you can.

@dannyboy:
how come ultrasn0w isnt working with greenpois0n, i mean the dev team really wants to provide unlock... weird

Yes you can.

@dannyboy:
how come ultrasn0w isnt working with greenpois0n, i mean the dev team really wants to provide unlock... weird

For some reason it blocks the ultrasn0w unlock. So they are going to havetoo create a new one. I'm not sure if that means this new unlock will work on both Lima & Green or not......

Yes you can.

@dannyboy:

thats why i said use limera1n it had the hacktivation also .....

Lima will get you past the activation but will not unlock your phone to use other carriers on the new baseband.

Yes you can.

@dannyboy:

thats why i said use limera1n it had the hacktivation also .....

Lima will get you past the activation but will not unlock your phone to use other carriers on the new baseband.

right, but he is on 4.0.2 with the baseband the ultrasn0w supports. so i advised him to upgrade while keeping the same baseband and then using limera1n then ultrasn0w, gave him lots of tutorials from iclarified.com